More and more manufacturers rely on paperless Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES) today to maintain quality, compliance, visibility and control. Compared to last year 2014, analysts are predicting more MES growth with IoT and Enterprise applications in the next few years according to the following roundup of Manufacturing Execution Systems forecasts and market estimates.
- In 2018 the global market for MES is predicted to be sized at around $3.8 Trillion, compared to $2.7 Trillion in 2013. Source: Statista.
- The Global Manufacturing Execution System (MES) and Enterprise Manufacturing Intelligence (EMI) market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 15.6% and 16.25% during the period of 2015-2020, respectively. The discrete industry segment is growing at a CAGR of 18.2% and 14.5%, followed by the process industry growing at a CAGR of 16.1% and 11.2%, respectively, during the period of 2015-2020. Source: Research and Markets
- The Manufacturing Execution System market in process and discrete industries is estimated to reach USD 12.6 Billion by 2020, at a CAGR of 10.85% between 2015 and 2020. The discrete industry sectors comprise automotive, medical devices, aerospace & defense, and FMCG. The application of MES in the automotive sector accounted for a large share of the manufacturing execution system market. The emerging impact of cloud-based MES is propelling the adoption of manufacturing execution systems at the production stage. The market for hybrid cloud-based MES is expected to grow at a high CAGR of 15.54% between 2015 and 2020. Source: Markets and Markets
- North America dominates the manufacturing execution system market with the highest market share of ~30% in 2014; it is expected to grow at a CAGR of 9.59% between 2015 and 2020. However, the Asia-Pacific and Europe markets for manufacturing execution system are expected to grow at high CAGR of 12.93% and 10.65%, respectively, between 2015 and 2020. Source: Markets and Markets
- The global MES market is expected to grow two fold from 2014 to 2020, at a CAGR of 10-12%. Europe and North America are the largest contributors in the global MES market, capturing almost equal amount of share. APAC on the other hand is expected to register higher growth as it is attracting investors to manufacture. Growth in the manufacturing industries along with government policies to increase the foreign direct investment for emerging nations such as India are expected to accelerate the growth of manufacturing execution system market and provide a promising future in this industry. Source: Future Market Insights
- Technavio’s analysts forecast the MES market in APAC to grow at a CAGR of 16.7% over the period 2015-2019. Source: Technavio
- The worldwide Internet of Things (IoT) market is expected to grow 19% in 2015, led by digital signage. The IoT market in manufacturing operations will grow from $42.2 billion in 2013 to $98.8 billion in 2018, a five-year compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 18.6%. Growth will be driven by ongoing efforts to increase efficiency and link islands of automation. Source: IDC Research
- Enterprise application is forecast to grow at a rapid pace (with a 6.6% CAGR, the market is expected to reach $201.7 billion by 2019), driven by demand for public cloud offerings and modern intuitive user experiences. Demand for public cloud (at a CAGR of 15.6%) is clearly outpacing on-premises/other software market (at a CAGR of 3.9%), but the on-premises market remains significant because medium-sized and large enterprises are choosing to maintain existing software rather than disrupt the critical business processes surrounding the management of finance, order management, payroll, procurement, projects, strategic assets, engineering, manufacturing, and supply chain management. Source: IDC Research