New product bridges manufacturing process planning and production execution with product design information in PTC Windchill to expand velocity, control and visibility.
FOOTHILL RANCH, Calif – June 18, 2018 – iBASEt, a leading provider of digital manufacturing, MRO and quality software solutions, announced today the release of iBASEt PLM Connector, an integration solution that accommodates to and imports data from an organization’s existing Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) system into iBASEt’s Digital Manufacturing Suite. The PLM Connector seamlessly integrates data from PTC Windchill MPM Link into iBASEt’s MES (Manufacturing Execution System) application, which provides a foundation to the digital thread, starting in engineering and spanning into manufacturing, and maintenance, repair and overhaul.
iBASEt PLM Connector’s MES integration provides manufacturing with a continuous response to the shifting demands of engineering by providing the latest product design and production methods. This upgrade will result in better connectivity, efficiency and a more effective production value chain. The PLM Connector eliminates the need to manually import engineering data into manufacturing plans, streamlining production SOPs with the company’s engineering updates and changes. With iBASEt’s PLM Connector, organizations can efficiently retrieve data to assembly process plans and work orders for production execution.
“The PLM Connector is another step in our strategy toward delivering the digital thread. Our vision is for the flow and transition of data to be smooth throughout a product unit’s lifecycle,” said John Fishell, Vice President of Product Management at iBASEt. “This critical functionality makes it easier for manufacturers to integrate digital data, while reducing the chance for error due to manual data translation or transformation.”
Without the PLM Connector, organizations must manually import files via the UI and perform cut-and-paste procedures for data and visualization instructions, or create and maintain a custom integration. iBASEt’s PLM Connector removes the need for these tedious steps. The data transfer is automatically triggered by the PLM workflow, into a MES change control process, with impact analysis based on prior object use and location.
Solar Turbines, a global manufacturer of industrial gas turbines, is using iBASEt’s PLM Connector to integrate data from PTC’s Windchill MPM Link. At the PTC Live Worx 2018 event, representatives from Solar Turbines will be presenting “Connecting the Digital Thread Between PLM and Manufacturing Execution” s657 – Tuesday, Jun 19, 2:15 PM – 3:00 PM -210AB. This session will highlight how Solar Turbines instituted iBASEt’s MES, integrated within their PLM system, increased efficiency and ultimately achieved their digital thread vision.
- White Paper: Building a Foundation for Digital Manufacturing
- Gartner Research: iBASEt was Listed as a Notable Vendor in Gartner’s “Aerospace & Defense Context: ‘Magic Quadrant for Manufacturing Execution Systems’”
iBASEt is a leading provider of software solutions to complex, highly regulated industries, like Aerospace and Defense, Medical Devices, Nuclear, Industrial Equipment, Electronics, and Shipbuilding. iBASEt’s Solumina software streamlines and integrates Manufacturing Execution Systems and Operations Management (MES/MOM), Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul (MRO)and Enterprise Quality Management Systems (EQMS) for operations and Supplier Quality Management. Solumina is implemented by many industry leaders in the Aerospace and Defense sector, including agencies of the U.S. Government.
- iBASEt Extends the Digital Thread with Release of iBASEt PLM Connector - June 18, 2018
- Benefits of Adopting the Digital Thread - November 10, 2017
- Benefits of Dock to Stock (DTS) Programs for Complex Discrete Manufacturers - February 13, 2017
- Why a Quality Management System Isn’t Enough to Satisfy 21 CFR Part 820 and Part 11 - January 3, 2017
- Why Medical Manufacturers Need Manufacturing Operations Management (MOM) - December 15, 2016
- Does Your MES Support Effective Product Genealogy for Medical Device Manufacturing? - October 6, 2016
- Achieve Cradle-to-Grave Bi-Directional Traceability with Best-of-Breed MOM - July 15, 2016
- A Better Approach to Maintaining Device History Records - March 1, 2016
- Solumina Deployed by BAE Systems to Achieve Operational Excellence - February 3, 2016
- New Acronyms from the FDA: UDI and GUDID - January 28, 2016