Gartner analyst Rick Franzosa recently released a report entitled, Critical Capabilities for Manufacturing Execution Systems. iBASEt (Solumina) received the second highest scores in the report for two Use Cases – Complex Discrete Engineer-to-Order, and Complex Discrete Make-to-Order.
This report makes it clear to me just how important it is to evaluate and purchase MES and PLM software wisely.
In sectors like food and beverage and medical products, differing manufacturing styles can exist – sometimes side by side in the same plant. As a result, separate MES packages may well be needed to accommodate each style. For example, it isn’t smart to try to force a part of the plant running on a continuous process style to adopt the MES software used nearby for a batch/repetitive process operation. Yes, it may reduce licensing costs in the short term. But hefty customization and maintenance charges as well as manufacturing slowdowns will inevitably result.
The iBASEt Digital Manufacturing Suite has deep domain expertise in aerospace, defense, electronics, industrial equipment, nuclear and medical devices.
Gartner, Critical Capabilities for Manufacturing Execution Systems, February 2019
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product, or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, express or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
- iBASEt Assists Lockheed Martin’s Johnstown Plant to Scale Production and Meet Accelerated Demand - October 29, 2019
- Preparing for 21st Century Workforce Challenges - October 29, 2019
- Industry 4.0 Needs Smart MES - October 18, 2019
- Partnering to Achieve Critical Digital Transformation Success at Lockheed Martin - October 17, 2019
- iBASEt Launches Solution for Maintenance Repair and Overhaul Execution - October 10, 2019
- iBASEt Appoints Evan Sloss as Head of Business, United Kingdom - September 17, 2019
- iBASEt Recognized in IDC MarketScape Report on Manufacturing Execution System Vendors - July 25, 2019
- Digital Maturity Translates into Market Dominance - June 25, 2019
- iBASEt Collaborates with Amazon Web Services to Launch Manufacturing Platform for Aerospace & Defense Market - June 12, 2019
- Digital Transformation Driving IT Spending Rise - May 21, 2019