Gartner analyst Rick Franzosa recently released a report entitled, Critical Capabilities for Manufacturing Execution Systems. iBASEt (Solumina) received the second highest scores in the report for two Use Cases – Complex Discrete Engineer-to-Order, and Complex Discrete Make-to-Order.
This report makes it clear to me just how important it is to evaluate and purchase MES and PLM software wisely.
In sectors like food and beverage and medical products, differing manufacturing styles can exist – sometimes side by side in the same plant. As a result, separate MES packages may well be needed to accommodate each style. For example, it isn’t smart to try to force a part of the plant running on a continuous process style to adopt the MES software used nearby for a batch/repetitive process operation. Yes, it may reduce licensing costs in the short term. But hefty customization and maintenance charges as well as manufacturing slowdowns will inevitably result.
The iBASEt Digital Manufacturing Suite has deep domain expertise in aerospace, defense, electronics, industrial equipment, nuclear and medical devices.
Gartner, Critical Capabilities for Manufacturing Execution Systems, February 2019
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product, or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, express or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
- iBASEt Solumina G8 Is Certified as Powered by SAP NetWeaver® - March 19, 2019
- iBASEt (Solumina) Recognized by Gartner Critical Capabilities for Manufacturing Execution Systems - March 14, 2019
- Selecting Manufacturing Systems: How to Get It Right - February 11, 2019
- Fractured MES Market Makes Software Homogenization Impossible - November 29, 2018
- iBASEt Announces 2018 Digital Manufacturing Leadership Award Winners - November 16, 2018
- iBASEt Introduces ‘Cloud-Ready’ Digital Manufacturing Solution - October 18, 2018
- iBASEt’s Ladeira Poonian Honored as Outstanding Private Technology Company CEO - October 1, 2018
- iBASEt Appoints Scott Baril as Vice President of Professional Services - September 12, 2018
- Leaders in Complex Manufacturing Converge at iBASEt ‘Excelerate’ Business Conference - August 23, 2018
- iBASEt Establishes European Headquarters in France - July 2, 2018