Working in the Maintenance, Repair and Operations (MRO) world, you already wear a lot of hats: Managing tasks, keeping unforgiving maintenance schedules, evaluating and standardizing processes and much, much more. You shouldn’t also have to be a librarian! It is long past time your company shifted away from bulky manuals, work orders, task cards and instructions that require a clerical team just to keep updated, organized and distributed.
The advantages of going paperless don’t merely extend to reducing your administrative overhead, however. Here are some of the many ways that the right MRO software package can save you hours, dollars, headaches and heartaches:
- No more mistakes from obsolete drawings and work instructions. With the right software, you never have to worry about a worker making the mistake of operating on out-of-date or obsolete drawings and work instructions.
- No more delays in the work schedule from searching for copies of documentation. We’ve all been there. You need a copy of a certain set of inspection requirements, but the engineer down the hall checked it out of the library two days ago and now he – and the document – are nowhere to be found. With MRO software, whomever needs to access the document can do so from any computer, anytime, anywhere.
- No more time wasted from missing critical steps in complex work schedules. MRO software ensures that you and your crew never miss important steps in the work process, which leads to time wasted on doubling back and checking and re-checking documentation.
- Processes are easy to update in real-time. Imagine an MRO department where best practices and processes can be updated as they are discovered – without waiting for the next edition of a manual (or the next time someone can make it down to the print shop, gin up a whole new set and distribute them to various offices and departments.) With MRO software, it is easy to ensure that everyone is using the latest and greatest standard work processes, which ensures that the work is consistent and reliable every time.
- Inspection requirements, directives and manuals are available at the click of the mouse. It’s time to ditch those bulky government manuals and the plethora of “cheat sheets” floating around the shop – with MRO software, all of your documentation is fully up-to-date with the latest and greatest information, so that every process is performed to spec every time.
- Increases your company’s flexibility, and makes document traceability a snap. There is a great old quote from President Dwight D. Eishenhower: “Plans are useless, but planning is indispensable.” Despite our best efforts, it seems like every project has a set of special circumstances that requires going “off the plan,” and you need plenty of operational agility to do so – because if you’re not rolling with the punches, you’re flat on the canvas. MRO software is in your corner. If you need to change the work scope of a project, it’s easy to route those changes to your customer for approval, with all the required document traceability and verifications built in.
The increasing complexity of MRO in the 21st century demands an elegant solution, and iBase-t offers just that with our Solumina software package. Solumina’s comprehensive, all-in-one-place tools can help you and your team eliminate redundancy, reduce errors, save you time and effectively manage every aspect of your maintenance, repair and operations projects. Contact us today!