FOOTHILL RANCH, CA, and BROMONT, CANADA – July 19, 2017 – iBASEt and Cogiscan today announced a partnership to automate data collection and verification processes for manufacturers of complex electronic assemblies.
iBASEt provides software solutions to complex, highly regulated industries which have an increasing number of electronics components, such as aerospace and defense, medical devices, nuclear, industrial equipment, electronics, and shipbuilding. Manufacturers are increasingly interested in integrating production equipment with the Manufacturing Execution System (MES) for automated control and data collection to save time and minimize errors.
Cogiscan provides deep domain expertise with the integration of electronics assembly and inspection equipment and a wide library of machine interfaces to collect real-time production data. Working together, iBASEt and Cogiscan will help manufacturers of complex electronic assemblies achieve quicker integrated solutions to streamline the manufacturing process.
“The vision for Industry 4.0 requires open software solutions that can be easily combined to help manufacturers achieve the goals of a connected real-time manufacturing enterprise,” said Conrad Leiva, VP Product Strategy and Alliances at iBASEt. “One company alone is not going to achieve this vision and integrate the myriad of different types of manufacturing equipment for different industries. By partnering with Cogiscan, iBASEt offers its customers more equipment integration options with a proven electronics industry leader.”
“We are very excited to announce this new partnership. We look forward to working jointly with iBASEt in providing to their customers a comprehensive integrated solution for automating the assembly line data acquisition process into iBASEt’s SOLUMINA MES from data rich equipment like SMT component placement and inspection machines,” said Dave Trail, Global Manager – Software Partners at Cogiscan.
About Cogiscan Inc.
Cogiscan is the leading track, trace and control (TTC) solutions provider for the electronics manufacturing industry. The scalable Cogiscan platform perfectly integrates with all major equipment types, and is highly configurable to enable a personalized solution to each customer’s specific production needs. Since 1999 Cogiscan has attained several international patents for TTC hardware and software, and has won multiple awards throughout the years. For more information, visit www.cogiscan.com.
iBASEt is a leading provider of software solutions to complex, highly regulated industries, like Aerospace and Defense, Medical Devices, Nuclear, Industrial Equipment, Electronics, and Shipbuilding. iBASEt’s Solumina software streamlines and integrates Manufacturing Execution Systems and Operations Management (MES/MOM), Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul (MRO)and Enterprise Quality Management Systems (EQMS) for operations and Supplier Quality Management. Solumina is implemented by many industry leaders in the Aerospace and Defense sector, including agencies of the U.S. Government. For more information, visit www.iBASEt.com.
- iBASEt Appoints Industry Veteran to Lead Global Sales Strategy - December 6, 2017
- iBASEt CEO Honored as a Bronze Winner in Stevie Awards for Women in Business - November 30, 2017
- Software Advice Names iBASEt a Master in the FrontRunners Quadrant for Manufacturing Software - November 22, 2017
- State of the Digital Thread 2017 - November 2, 2017
- iBASEt to Present at Impact Manufacturing Summit - September 27, 2017
- Benchmarking the Digital Thread - September 27, 2017
- iBASEt Announces Executive Promotions, Accelerates Focus on Global Expansion and Market Leadership - September 5, 2017
- iBASEt and Cogiscan Partner to Create Automated Electronics Assembly Solution for Complex Manufacturing - July 19, 2017
- iBASEt Showcases the Digital Thread for Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul at PTC’s LiveWorx - May 11, 2017
- Women in Complex Manufacturing: Overcoming the Talent Shortage - May 11, 2017