FOOTHILL RANCH, Calif – September 5, 2017 – iBASEt, a leading provider of manufacturing, MRO and quality software solutions to complex, highly regulated industries, announced today that Naveen Poonian has been promoted to Chief Operating Officer to drive overall strategy and execution as the company expands its global presence in complex discrete manufacturing. Concurrently, iBASEt announced that Sung Kim has been promoted to Chief Technology Officer to lead efforts in evolving the company’s flagship product Solumina to meet market and customer demand.
Poonian has been with iBASEt for twelve years, previously serving as Vice President of Strategy, and earlier as Treasurer. In this expanded role, Poonian is now responsible for aligning organizational and departmental objectives with the company’s vision and mission to drive greater organizational efficiency, rapid growth, and scalability. Under his leadership, iBASEt has grown the total number of Solumina users by more than 100 percent, and has expanded its customer base internationally into Belgium, while growing the company’s established presence in India and France.
“Naveen has been instrumental to iBASEt’s continued growth and go-to-market strategy, and plays a critical role in our efforts building a global brand and positioning the company as a dominant leader providing software solutions to complex discrete manufacturers,” said Vic Sial, President of iBASEt. “I congratulate Naveen on this well-deserved promotion and look forward to building on our momentum in driving further market expansion.”
Sung joined iBASEt in 2007, and continues to play a key role in Solumina development and in supporting the company’s implementation team. Recently, he has been successfully leading the architecture team tackling various projects including re-architecting and modernizing the Solumina user interface, developing a warehousing and Business Intelligence tool for Solumina and an offline client for MRO applications. He will now also be responsible for managing the Product Development team.
“We have been particularly impressed by Sung’s ‘can-do’ approach and the willingness to tackle multiple projects and bring them to completion,” said Sial.
“I’m very excited to expand my role at iBASEt,” said Poonian. “Manufacturers today face a number of significant challenges as they work to meet changing regulatory requirements, coordinate with an increasingly distributed supply chain, and balance product quality with disciplined cost control measures. The market continues to recognize our strategy and our success delivering solutions that meet unique manufacturing challenges in the A&D, Nuclear, Medical Devices and Complex Industrial. I look forward to driving continued growth in these markets and providing our customers with the solutions they need to thrive in today’s market.”
iBASEt is a leading provider of software solutions to complex, highly regulated industries, like Aerospace and Defense, Medical Devices, Nuclear, Industrial Equipment, Electronics, and Shipbuilding. iBASEt’s Solumina software streamlines and integrates Manufacturing Execution Systems and Operations Management (MES/MOM), Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul (MRO)and Enterprise Quality Management Systems (EQMS) for operations and Supplier Quality Management. Solumina is implemented by many industry leaders in the Aerospace and Defense sector, including agencies of the U.S. Government. For more information, visit www.iBASEt.com.
- State of the Digital Thread 2017 - November 2, 2017
- iBASEt to Present at Impact Manufacturing Summit - September 27, 2017
- Benchmarking the Digital Thread - September 27, 2017
- iBASEt Announces Executive Promotions, Accelerates Focus on Global Expansion and Market Leadership - September 5, 2017
- iBASEt and Cogiscan Partner to Create Automated Electronics Assembly Solution for Complex Manufacturing - July 19, 2017
- iBASEt Showcases the Digital Thread for Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul at PTC’s LiveWorx - May 11, 2017
- Women in Complex Manufacturing: Overcoming the Talent Shortage - May 11, 2017
- iBASEt Showcases the Digital Thread for the Space Industry at Space Tech Expo - May 3, 2017
- iBASEt Leads Smart Manufacturing Discussion at 2017 Manufacturing & Technology Conference - April 25, 2017
- iBASEt Announces 2017 Digital Enterprise Leadership Award Winners for Manufacturing Excellence - April 12, 2017