- 32% of the top global supply chain leaders for 2015 are competing in complex manufacturing industries.
- Six of the top seven suppliers who maximize Inventory Turns are complex manufacturers. Samsung Electronics (17.7), Lenovo Group (12.8), Cisco Systems (12.6), Seagate Technology (10.8), Toyota Motor (10.6) and Qualcomm (8.8) are the highest performing at turning inventory with the only exception being McDonald’s (157.3).
These and other insights are from Gartner’s 11th annual Supply Chain Top 25 published this morning, following an awards ceremony last evening where the winning companies were announced at Gartner’s Supply Chain Executive Conference. What’s noteworthy about this years’ announcement of the top global supply chain leaders is the number of complex manufacturers included and the wide scope of their business models.
Intel, Cisco Systems, Samsung Electronics, Seagate Technology, Lenovo Group, Qualcomm, Cummins and Toyota Motor are among the top 25 supply chains globally according to Gartner’s analysis. A thorough definition of the methodology is available here.
Gartner analysts found three stand-out trends are differentiating the highest performing supply chains globally. These include the ability to excel at bimodal supply chain strategies; a successful track record of continual improvements in delivering excellent customer experiences by gaining greater customer visibility; and the ability to support emerging digital business models.
The Gartner Supply Chain Top 25 for 2015 is shown below:
Source: Gartner Press Release, Gartner Announces Rankings of Its 2015 Supply Chain Top 25, May 14, 2015. http://www.gartner.com/newsroom/id/3053118
- Solumina Deployed by BAE Systems to Achieve Operational Excellence - February 3, 2016
- iBASEt Discusses Digital Thread to Manufacturing at AeroDef 2016 - January 19, 2016
- 10 Technologies Driving the Future of Manufacturing - December 15, 2015
- The Top 100 Defense Companies of 2015 - December 14, 2015
- Analytics, Big Data and Sensor Integration Are the Future According to Internet of Things App Developers - December 6, 2015
- The 50 Most Innovative Companies of 2015 Are Defining The Future of Manufacturing - December 3, 2015
- 7 Key Take-Aways And Predictions From IDG’s 2015 Enterprise Cloud Computing Survey - November 30, 2015
- 10 Predictions for Manufacturing Execution Systems and Manufacturing Intelligence In 2016 - November 24, 2015
- 5 Key Take-Aways From KPMG’s 2015 Global Innovation Survey: Biotech/Digital Health/Healthcare IT Lead Tech Disruption - November 14, 2015
- 56% of Enterprises Will Increase Their Investment in Big Data Analytics Over the Next Three Years - November 10, 2015