Foothill Ranch, Calif, February 18, 2014 — iBASEt will host a webinar, “What the Industry Doesn’t Want You to Know About Your PLM” on March 13, 2014 from 10:00-11am PST.
Join us for a visual depiction of where classical PLM tools fall short in fulfilling the vision of Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) and why Product Lifecycle Execution (PLE) is an essential element in completing the PLM promise.
We will explore how information should flow among PLM applications to give product engineers, configurators, manufacturing engineers, and quality managers the necessary information they require to manage the true product lifecycle of their respective programs.
Engineers want to provide manufacturing operations and supply chain partners with simple robust designs that reduce the Cost of Goods Sold (CoGS), reduce Cost of Poor Quality (CoPQ) and increase the overall agility of the supply-chain. PLE leverages the model-based designs with integrated change management processes to ensure correct product realization.
PLE gives development and product management groups real-time data to perform Product and Process Failure Mode and Effect Analysis (FMEA) to determine where the product designs and derived processes are meeting expectations and which areas of the configurations most need adjustment. Additionally, real-life issues that hinder the supply-chain from delivering good quality products can be exposed and resolved through a closed-loop process between execution and engineering systems.
The PLM vision can be fulfilled for both the enterprise and the global supply-chain when PLE is implemented synergistically with engineering systems as part of the enterprise systems landscape.
iBASEt is a leading provider of software solutions to complex, highly regulated industries, like Aerospace and Defense, Medical Devices, Nuclear, Industrial Equipment, Electronics and Shipbuilding. iBASEt’s Solumina software streamlines and integrates Manufacturing Execution System and Operations Management (MES/MOM), Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul (MRO) and Quality Management System (QMS) for operations and supplier management. Solumina is implemented by industry leaders, including BAE Systems, General Dynamics, Lockheed Martin, NASA, Northrop Grumman, United Technologies and United Space Alliance.
- iBASEt Launches Manufacturing Intelligence Solution for its Digital Manufacturing Suite - August 10, 2018
- iBASEt Extends the Digital Thread with Release of iBASEt PLM Connector - June 18, 2018
- Benefits of Adopting the Digital Thread - November 10, 2017
- Benefits of Dock to Stock (DTS) Programs for Complex Discrete Manufacturers - February 13, 2017
- Why a Quality Management System Isn’t Enough to Satisfy 21 CFR Part 820 and Part 11 - January 3, 2017
- Why Medical Manufacturers Need Manufacturing Operations Management (MOM) - December 15, 2016
- Does Your MES Support Effective Product Genealogy for Medical Device Manufacturing? - October 6, 2016
- Achieve Cradle-to-Grave Bi-Directional Traceability with Best-of-Breed MOM - July 15, 2016
- A Better Approach to Maintaining Device History Records for FDA Compliance - March 1, 2016
- Solumina Deployed by BAE Systems to Achieve Operational Excellence - February 3, 2016