Kennedy Space Center, FL & Foothill Ranch, CA October 5, 2005. – NASA’s prime contractor United Space Alliance, LLC (USA) has selected Solumina to integrate a Manufacturing Execution System (MES) with a Supply Chain Management / Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul (SCM/MRO) suite of applications to support USA’s operations. Initial deployment of Solumina’s Process Planning and Work Instructions Delivery system will occur at Ground Operations,. These work instructions will be executed from the Launch Control Center and the Hypergolic Maintenance Facility of the Kennedy Space Center.
“We selected Solumina because it incorporates authoring, manufacturing, quality assurance and component repair capabilities in one well-integrated solution,” said Eddie Jarrell, United Space Alliance’s team subcontract manager. “This roll-out allows our processing areas to gradually migrate to a paperless environment while facilitating business process standardization and collaboration between the processing teams and their support infrastructure including off-site suppliers. This will translate into greater visibility of information, faster and more predictive repair cycles as well as easier implementations of standardized process methodologies.”
iBASEt’s Vice President of Sales, Michel Gadbois, stated: “We are honored that NASA’s prime contractor for its Space Shuttle operations has selected iBASEt to assist them in their continuous improvement efforts. Solumina will be used to integrate Process Planning and Work Execution into one paperless system. Ground Operations will be the first United Space Alliance division to deploy Solumina as part of USA’s multi-year deployment.”
About United Space Alliance
United Space Alliance, established in 1995, is a leader in space operations offering extensive experience in space launch and recovery operations; mission planning and control; flight hardware processing; space flight training; on-orbit assembly, payload deployment and servicing; rendezvous/proximity operations and docking; large-scale integration and sustaining engineering. United Space Alliance serves as NASA’s prime contractor for the Space Shuttle and provides operations services for the International Space Station. United Space Alliance employs more than 10,000 people in Texas, Florida, and Alabama.
iBASEt, founded in 1986, is a leading provider of high-tech software solutions and services. The company has two divisions: Solumina and Federal Systems Division ( FSD). FSD has a distinguished record supporting requirements for NAVAIR, SPAWAR, NSWC, Air Force, Marines, NASA, CENTCOM, and others. iBASEt’s Solumina Division pioneered the first image-based work instruction delivery and data capture system in the complex manufacturing markets. iBASEt’s Solumina Operations Process Management solution provides a paperless connection between product engineering, ERP and the plant floor. Users report Solumina has significantly improved productivity, throughput, and provided millions of dollars in annual cost savings. Solumina customers include industry leaders like Boeing, General Dynamics, BWX Technologies, Northrop Grumman, Parker Hannifin, EMS, Lockheed Martin and United Technologies.
iBASEt Sales contact: Michel Gadbois, (949) 598-5200 or [email protected].
iBASEt Marketing contact: Conrad Leiva (949) 598-5200 or [email protected].
- iBASEt Launches Manufacturing Intelligence Solution for its Digital Manufacturing Suite - August 10, 2018
- iBASEt Extends the Digital Thread with Release of iBASEt PLM Connector - June 18, 2018
- Benefits of Adopting the Digital Thread - November 10, 2017
- Benefits of Dock to Stock (DTS) Programs for Complex Discrete Manufacturers - February 13, 2017
- Why a Quality Management System Isn’t Enough to Satisfy 21 CFR Part 820 and Part 11 - January 3, 2017
- Why Medical Manufacturers Need Manufacturing Operations Management (MOM) - December 15, 2016
- Does Your MES Support Effective Product Genealogy for Medical Device Manufacturing? - October 6, 2016
- Achieve Cradle-to-Grave Bi-Directional Traceability with Best-of-Breed MOM - July 15, 2016
- A Better Approach to Maintaining Device History Records for FDA Compliance - March 1, 2016
- Solumina Deployed by BAE Systems to Achieve Operational Excellence - February 3, 2016