When the NEXT button was introduced a few years ago at a Solumina User Conference, users literally started to applaud. The NEXT button is a powerful tool that is not only a crowd favorite, it differentiates Solumina from its competition and simplifies process execution. Here are a few reasons why we love the NEXT button and so will you:
1.) Single-Button Execution
It only takes one click for an operator to know where he or she left off, what is missing or if a step was forgotten in an operation. Solumina is always looking for “what’s next” to ensure that every step and operation is performed properly, which includes looking for units that have not been identified and signing onto a job.
2.) Guides Mechanic through a Job
The NEXT button automatically displays the next step or what the system requires next from an operator. Operators can remain working on a task without getting distracted by looking for what is missing or what hasn’t been signed by management. Operators have more time to perform and perfect the job they were trained to do.
3.) Ensures Regulatory Compliance
Because the NEXT button automatically displays the next needed task, the strictest process management and integrity requirements – including the FAA, AS9100 and FDA – are built into the system, ensuring these regulations will never be forgotten or collected improperly. A job will not be considered complete if any data or signatures are missing.
For more information watch the video below.
- Aerospace Manufacturing Cybersecurity is More than Classified Design Information - September 10, 2020
- Understanding the Uniqueness of Complex Discrete MES - May 21, 2018
- Seven Big Predictions for the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) in Aerospace and Defense - February 1, 2018
- Improving New Product Introduction (NPI) with MES - October 18, 2016
- The NEXT Button - August 15, 2012