A solution’s return on investment (ROI) is highly emphasized in the Manufacturing Execution System (MES) world. It’s a large investment, nothing to be taken lightly. And while there are significant cost savings associated with improving the shop floor, another area that can see your ROI quickly is the supply chain.
A robust supplier quality system that catches quality escapes early on in the manufacturing cycle will dramatically reduce the cost of poor quality. In fact, Solumina’s Supplier Quality Assurance (SQA) system enables more inspections to be performed via the web, reducing the inventory items at receiving. Products can then ship directly to work in process (WIP) at the plant. Solumina also provides inspectors the ability to review and approve source inspection data remotely. Consequently, quality issues are identified earlier at the supplier site and corrected before the shipment of goods is authorized.
Additionally, implementing an integrated SQA tool will also contribute to a quick ROI by:
- Reducing inspectors at supplier sites
- Reducing WIP by maintaining high quality standards and decreasing rework
- Facilitating a self-managed quality path, increasing awareness and ownership of suppliers
These types of improvements are not limited to a single site but can be extended to an entire enterprise. Consequently, an OEM could see a volume discount for a supply chain management solution.
- Shop Floor Paperwork is a Drag - July 23, 2013
- Do You Know What’s Happening on your Shop Floor? - July 15, 2013
- Supply Chain ROI - July 10, 2013
- Solumina isn’t your typical Manufacturing Execution System - June 20, 2013
- Webinar: Do we need to integrate PLM and Execution Systems? Isn’t ERP Enough? - June 13, 2013
- Looking to Increase Your Shop Floor Efficiency? - June 5, 2013
- Four Features that Set Solumina Apart - May 24, 2013
- How iBASEt Got Its Start - May 15, 2013
- Paper Kills: Eliminate Paper Constraints - April 30, 2013
- Look to your Supply Chain for Cost Savings - April 25, 2013