iBASEt – Foothill Ranch, Calif., Nov. 20, 2013 — iBASEt, the developer of the Solumina Product Lifecycle Execution software suite, announced today that it successfully deployed its Solumina Manufacturing Execution System (MES) software solution for L-3 Platform Integration more quickly than any previous installation. L-3 Platform Integration selected Solumina as its paperless shop floor control system to continue an ongoing initiative to increase the efficiency of its existing resources, while improving performance and quality objectives. Solumina’s out-of-the-box capabilities will provide enhanced visibility and control of the shop floor, while standardizing existing processes to promote a best practices approach to L-3 Platform Integration’s maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) and modification center.
Solumina’s robust offering will transform L-3 Platform Integration’s MRO processes by providing real-time visibility of work in process on the shop floor and concurrent problem resolution that extends into the supplier network. Supervisors will also be able to analyze traceable data to address and resolve bottlenecks and discrepancies quickly.
Additionally, Solumina will manage nonconformances, deliver work instructions to the shop floor and synchronize L-3 Platform Integration’s enterprise data in real-time.
The expected result is improved quality, greater efficiency and reduced cycle times.
Solumina integrates planning, technical publications, drawings, engineering change orders and other documents into an electronic package that is available to the mechanic with the click of a button. The system makes possible significant cost savings and process improvements as the software is implemented throughout the facility.
Solumina’s solution was selected competitively and was deployed at the Waco integration center within six months of the project’s start.
“With the help of L-3 Platform Integration’s dedicated team, we were able to implement Solumina quickly and efficiently,” said Michael Salehpour, iBASEt, Vice President of Services. “Rapid implementations in under six months are a result of our robust, out-of-the-box solution. We look forward to working with L-3 on other projects and replicating this process.”
About L-3 Platform Integration
L-3 Platform Integration is a world-class systems integration organization known internationally for its design, integration and flight science engineering expertise. The company provides complex aircraft integration, sustainment and modification services for military, commercial and OEM customers.
- iBASEt Launches Manufacturing Intelligence Solution for its Digital Manufacturing Suite - August 10, 2018
- iBASEt Extends the Digital Thread with Release of iBASEt PLM Connector - June 18, 2018
- Benefits of Adopting the Digital Thread - November 10, 2017
- Benefits of Dock to Stock (DTS) Programs for Complex Discrete Manufacturers - February 13, 2017
- Why a Quality Management System Isn’t Enough to Satisfy 21 CFR Part 820 and Part 11 - January 3, 2017
- Why Medical Manufacturers Need Manufacturing Operations Management (MOM) - December 15, 2016
- Does Your MES Support Effective Product Genealogy for Medical Device Manufacturing? - October 6, 2016
- Achieve Cradle-to-Grave Bi-Directional Traceability with Best-of-Breed MOM - July 15, 2016
- A Better Approach to Maintaining Device History Records for FDA Compliance - March 1, 2016
- Solumina Deployed by BAE Systems to Achieve Operational Excellence - February 3, 2016