Here at iBASEt, we are getting excited for the upcoming Aviation Week MRO Americas Conference and Exhibition on April 8-10 of this year, which will be held at the Convention Center in Phoenix, AZ. There, we will have a booth showcasing our flagship MRO and Manufacturing issues software package, Solumina.
If you work in aerospace and defense, you know that the MRO business is growing at a rapid clip. The increasing complexity of the industry has risen at the same time that budgets have been slashed, the supply of skilled technicians, engineers and specialists has dwindle and government sequesters have created an atmosphere of unprecedented uncertainty. The need for a comprehensive MRO software solution is greater than ever – which is why we developed Solumina.
You may have already heard of us: NASA selected Solumina to manage its MRO processes and operations for the Atlantis, Challenger and Endeavor space shuttle missions, and we are proud that our software has been selected by industry leaders like United Technologies, Lockheed Martin and Northrop Grumman. Our work in the aviation industry is extensive, and we are excited to show the wider world Solumina’s capabilities.
Designed specifically for complex, highly regulated industries like aviation, Solumina is an all-in-one Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul (MRO) software suite that provides unique functionality for services, repair, product overhauls, modifications and upgrades.
Here are some of the software’s highlights:
• iBASEt’s Solumina software has been used in a wide range of MRO applications from Engine Maintenance to Aircraft Mods to Military Ship Overhaul. The main reason so many companies have adopted the Solumina software solution is to replace cumbersome paper-based processes with a more streamlined paperless process. Why go paperless? With digital document tracking and more simple, elegant coordination between departments, you will save time, money and frustration. Let’s say, for instance, that you are constantly embarking on trips from the work area to the main office to get engineering approval for specific changes or additional work, you’re wasting a lot of time walking back and forth. With Solumina, you can route your problem from the shop to engineering digitally and get that approval in a fraction of the time. This is just one example – and there are many more!
• While other software solutions for MRO companies have addressed the parts and spares issues, Solumina has focused on the execution of the service tasks to ensure that the product is brought back to original engineering specifications or to a new configuration for a product upgrade.
• How do you know that the aircraft, vehicle or ship is ready? That all the parts have been accounted for? Solumina addresses issues with tracking the removal of parts whether the same part will be reinstalled or replaced with an alternate part.
We are also pleased to announce that our very own Conrad Leiva, iBASEt’s Vice President of Product Marketing and Alliances, will be on the panel at the Project Manufacturing Issues and Trends Survey Results presentation on April 9th from 3:15 to 3:45 pm. While you are visiting the conference, be sure to stop in to see him!
To learn more about Solumina, come visit us at the Aviation Week MRO Americas Conference and Exhibition – we’ll be at Booth #313. We look forward to seeing you – but if you can’t wait to see Solumina in action, you can always navigate to Solumina.com or contact us.
- iBASEt Launches Manufacturing Intelligence Solution for its Digital Manufacturing Suite - August 10, 2018
- iBASEt Extends the Digital Thread with Release of iBASEt PLM Connector - June 18, 2018
- Benefits of Adopting the Digital Thread - November 10, 2017
- Benefits of Dock to Stock (DTS) Programs for Complex Discrete Manufacturers - February 13, 2017
- Why a Quality Management System Isn’t Enough to Satisfy 21 CFR Part 820 and Part 11 - January 3, 2017
- Why Medical Manufacturers Need Manufacturing Operations Management (MOM) - December 15, 2016
- Does Your MES Support Effective Product Genealogy for Medical Device Manufacturing? - October 6, 2016
- Achieve Cradle-to-Grave Bi-Directional Traceability with Best-of-Breed MOM - July 15, 2016
- A Better Approach to Maintaining Device History Records for FDA Compliance - March 1, 2016
- Solumina Deployed by BAE Systems to Achieve Operational Excellence - February 3, 2016