Foothill Ranch, Calif., September 3, 2014 — iBASEt, the creators of Solumina’s Product Lifecycle Execution (PLE) software suite, announced today that Textron Systems, a leading provider of advanced marine craft and armored vehicles to United States and international customers, is going live with Solumina’s Manufacturing Execution System (MES), including Quality, Planning, Work In Process and Business Integration Services modules to streamline their global manufacturing operations.
Textron Selects iBASEt’s Manufacturing Execution System
Textron Systems chose to standardize on iBASEt’s Manufacturing Execution System to efficiently manage thousands of mission critical requirements and operations while providing managers with instant control and visibility into as-built manufacturing work processes, while also delivering digital work instructions all through one fully integrated system. Textron Systems relies on Solumina today to capture all manufacturing data during the entire product’s manufacturing lifecycle, providing detailed manufacturing information easily accessible through dashboards, graphs and reports at the click of a button.
Additionally, because Solumina incorporates strict Six-Sigma and ISO-9000 process control methodology, Textron Systems is enhancing quality checks and balances throughout its manufacturing operations, resulting in a significant reduction in defects, increased throughput and enhanced collaboration between engineers and manufacturers.
“We look forward to contributing to Textron Systems continued attainment of their Product Lifecycle Execution objectives and strategies. This deployment sets the foundation for long term asset management and overhaul,” said Michel Gadbois, VP of Worldwide Sales. “More importantly, implementing an out-of-the-box solution like Solumina with over 3,900 built-in functions has made a successful implementation achievable with a low ratio of services cost to software”.
The additional Quality, Planning, Work In Process and Business Integration Services modules will be utilized in Textron Systems’ New Orleans-based Shipyard Operations with plans to point Solumina across all of its programs.
iBASEt is a leading provider of software solutions to complex, highly regulated industries, like Aerospace and Defense, Medical Devices, Nuclear, Industrial Equipment, Electronics and Shipbuilding. iBASEt’s Solumina software streamlines and integrates Manufacturing Execution System and Operations Management (MES/MOM), Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul (MRO) and Enterprise Quality Management System (EQMS) for operations and Supplier Quality Management. Solumina is implemented by industry leaders, including BAE Systems, Airbus Space & Defense, General Dynamics, Lockheed Martin, NASA, Northrop Grumman, Textron and United Technologies.
- iBASEt Launches Manufacturing Intelligence Solution for its Digital Manufacturing Suite - August 10, 2018
- iBASEt Extends the Digital Thread with Release of iBASEt PLM Connector - June 18, 2018
- Benefits of Adopting the Digital Thread - November 10, 2017
- Benefits of Dock to Stock (DTS) Programs for Complex Discrete Manufacturers - February 13, 2017
- Why a Quality Management System Isn’t Enough to Satisfy 21 CFR Part 820 and Part 11 - January 3, 2017
- Why Medical Manufacturers Need Manufacturing Operations Management (MOM) - December 15, 2016
- Does Your MES Support Effective Product Genealogy for Medical Device Manufacturing? - October 6, 2016
- Achieve Cradle-to-Grave Bi-Directional Traceability with Best-of-Breed MOM - July 15, 2016
- A Better Approach to Maintaining Device History Records - March 1, 2016
- Solumina Deployed by BAE Systems to Achieve Operational Excellence - February 3, 2016