iBASEt — Foothill Ranch, Calif., March 13, 2013 — iBASEt’s Solumina Supplier Quality Assurance (SQA) paperless suite is being implemented by HARCO Laboratories, Inc., a designer, manufacturer and international distributor in the aerospace field. This implementation completes the data circle with Pratt and Whitney, a business unit of United Technologies Corporation (UTC). HARCO currently uses Solumina SQA as a supplier to Pratt and Whitney, and will be deploying Solumina to a select group of HARCO suppliers during the initial rollout phase.
Solumina SQA provides instant communication for suppliers to improve quality results and reduce cycle times. HARCO will have the ability to query supplier statuses, constraints and history records for all processes and activities in real time.
During the investigative stage, HARCO discovered the diverse capabilities of Solumina’s out-of-the-box package.
“Initially, the primary focus was eliminating bottlenecks in receiving inspection, handling smaller quantities of received goods to facilitate inventory reduction, and improving ‘just in time’ delivery of product,” Mike Milardo, President of HARCO, said. “We have set an aggressive 90-day deployment deadline. Our goal is to start using Solumina SQA by the end of April 2013.”
Solumina provides absolute control of a suppliers’ shipments, alerting HARCO to in-process issues and nonconformances, to ensure only conforming product reaches its customers. Suppliers will also have the ability to upload documents, including photos, test data and First Article Inspection (FAI) reports, then archive these documents for easy retrieval by HARCO.
“We are happy to see our vision of a fully integrated quality supply chain come to life,” said Michel Gadbois, iBASEt Vice President. “We hope to build a network of 3,000 interconnected aerospace suppliers using AS-9100 Rev C processes at their core.”
iBASEt is a leading provider of software solutions to complex, highly regulated industries, like Aerospace and Defense, Medical Devices, Nuclear, Industrial Equipment, Electronics and Shipbuilding. iBASEt’s Solumina software streamlines and integrates Manufacturing Execution System and Operations Management (MES/MOM), Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul (MRO) and Quality Management System (QMS) for operations and supplier management. Solumina is implemented by industry leaders, including BAE Systems, General Dynamics, Lockheed Martin, NASA, Northrop Grumman, United Technologies and United Space Alliance.
About HARCO Laboratories, Inc.
HARCO Laboratories, Inc. is an award-winning designer, manufacturer and international distributor in the aerospace field. They produce air data systems, gas turbine high temperature sensors, on–engine electrical cable assemblies, airframe electrical cable assemblies and other advanced sensor products. Their greatest strength is their endless commitment to provide customers innovative high quality solutions. HARCO is committed to providing the highest quality at affordable rates.
- iBASEt Launches Manufacturing Intelligence Solution for its Digital Manufacturing Suite - August 10, 2018
- iBASEt Extends the Digital Thread with Release of iBASEt PLM Connector - June 18, 2018
- Benefits of Adopting the Digital Thread - November 10, 2017
- Benefits of Dock to Stock (DTS) Programs for Complex Discrete Manufacturers - February 13, 2017
- Why a Quality Management System Isn’t Enough to Satisfy 21 CFR Part 820 and Part 11 - January 3, 2017
- Why Medical Manufacturers Need Manufacturing Operations Management (MOM) - December 15, 2016
- Does Your MES Support Effective Product Genealogy for Medical Device Manufacturing? - October 6, 2016
- Achieve Cradle-to-Grave Bi-Directional Traceability with Best-of-Breed MOM - July 15, 2016
- A Better Approach to Maintaining Device History Records - March 1, 2016
- Solumina Deployed by BAE Systems to Achieve Operational Excellence - February 3, 2016