iBASEt – Foothill Ranch, Calif., Nov. 20, 2013 — iBASEt, the developer of the Solumina Product Lifecycle Execution software suite, announced today that it successfully deployed its Solumina Manufacturing Execution System (MES) software solution for L-3 Platform Integration more quickly than any previous installation. L-3 Platform Integration selected Solumina as its paperless shop floor control system to continue an ongoing initiative to increase the efficiency of its existing resources, while improving performance and quality objectives. Solumina’s out-of-the-box capabilities will provide enhanced visibility and control of the shop floor, while standardizing existing processes to promote a best practices approach to L-3 Platform Integration’s maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) and modification center.
Solumina’s robust offering will transform L-3 Platform Integration’s MRO processes by providing real-time visibility of work in process on the shop floor and concurrent problem resolution that extends into the supplier network. Supervisors will also be able to analyze traceable data to address and resolve bottlenecks and discrepancies quickly.
Additionally, Solumina will manage nonconformances, deliver work instructions to the shop floor and synchronize L-3 Platform Integration’s enterprise data in real-time.
The expected result is improved quality, greater efficiency and reduced cycle times.
Solumina integrates planning, technical publications, drawings, engineering change orders and other documents into an electronic package that is available to the mechanic with the click of a button. The system makes possible significant cost savings and process improvements as the software is implemented throughout the facility.
Solumina’s solution was selected competitively and was deployed at the Waco integration center within six months of the project’s start.
“With the help of L-3 Platform Integration’s dedicated team, we were able to implement Solumina quickly and efficiently,” said Michael Salehpour, iBASEt, Vice President of Services. “Rapid implementations in under six months are a result of our robust, out-of-the-box solution. We look forward to working with L-3 on other projects and replicating this process.”
About L-3 Platform Integration
L-3 Platform Integration is a world-class systems integration organization known internationally for its design, integration and flight science engineering expertise. The company provides complex aircraft integration, sustainment and modification services for military, commercial and OEM customers.
- iBASEt Extends the Digital Thread with Release of iBASEt PLM Connector - June 18, 2018
- Benefits of Adopting the Digital Thread - November 10, 2017
- Solumina Deployed by BAE Systems to Achieve Operational Excellence - February 3, 2016
- iBASEt Discusses Digital Thread to Manufacturing at AeroDef 2016 - January 19, 2016
- 10 Technologies Driving the Future of Manufacturing - December 15, 2015
- The Top 100 Defense Companies of 2015 - December 14, 2015
- Analytics, Big Data and Sensor Integration Are the Future According to Internet of Things App Developers - December 6, 2015
- The 50 Most Innovative Companies of 2015 Are Defining The Future of Manufacturing - December 3, 2015
- 7 Key Take-Aways And Predictions From IDG’s 2015 Enterprise Cloud Computing Survey - November 30, 2015
- 10 Predictions for Manufacturing Execution Systems and Manufacturing Intelligence In 2016 - November 24, 2015