Hartford, CT & Foothill Ranch, CA March 14 th, 2005 – Pratt & Whitney is deploying Solumina’s Process Planning and Work Instructions Delivery system across their MRO (maintenance, repair and overhaul) organization. After a very successful four month pilot in their East Hartford facility, Pratt & Whitney has been rolling out the Solumina Maintenance Process Planning and Execution System across their Component Repair and Engine Overhaul facilities. Pratt has completed implementation in 12 facilities around the world and plans to add another 5 facilities before the close of 2005. Pratt & Whitney’s Project manager, Richard Downing states, “We are very happy with the Process Planning and Shop Execution roll-out in our MRO organization, and are excited about our next phase rolling out Solumina CAPP and MES software into our manufacturing plants. Solumina is uniquely qualified to handle both our Maintenance and Manufacturing processes as well as integrate our entire Supplier base into one comprehensive solution. Solumina is being integrated with SAP and Unigraphics to complete our Enterprise footprint.”
iBASEt ‘s Vice President of Sales & Marketing, Michel Gadbois, stated, ” We are very pleased with our success at Pratt & Whitney. We look forward to completing their other deployments and helping Pratt & Whitney achieve record returns from their paperless execution initiative. We are also excited to provide Pratt & Whitney with a UID compliant system well in advance of their government requirements. We are delighted with the continued commitment shown by UTC subsidiaries to Solumina since iBASEt and UTC entered into a Corporate Agreement in 2003.”
Pratt & Whitney is a leader in the design, manufacture and support of engines for commercial, military and general aviation aircraft, space propulsion and power systems. Pratt & Whitney is a division of United Technologies Corporation, a $27.9 billion company that includes Otis elevators and escalators, Carrier heating and air-conditioning systems, Sikorsky helicopters and Hamilton Sundstrand aerospace systems.
iBASEt , founded in 1986, is a leading provider of high-tech software solutions and services. The company has two divisions: Solumina and Federal Systems Division ( FSD). FSD has a distinguished record supporting requirements for NAVAIR, SPAWAR, NSWC, Air Force, Marines, NASA, CENTCOM, and other agencies. iBASEt’s Solumina Division pioneered the first client server image-based work instruction delivery and data capture system in the complex assembly, aerospace and defense markets. iBASEt’s Solumina Operations Process Management solution is targeted at Process Engineering and Planning, Plant Floor Execution and Quality Management and provides a paperless connection between product engineering, ERP and the plant floor. Users report Solumina has significantly improved productivity, throughput, and provided millions of dollars in annual cost savings. Solumina customers include industry leaders like Boeing, General Dynamics, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, BWX Technologies and United Technologies.
iBASEt Sales contact: Michel Gadbois, (949) 598-5200 or [email protected].
iBASEt Marketing contact: Conrad Leiva (949) 598-5200 or [email protected].
- iBASEt Launches Manufacturing Intelligence Solution for its Digital Manufacturing Suite - August 10, 2018
- iBASEt Extends the Digital Thread with Release of iBASEt PLM Connector - June 18, 2018
- Benefits of Adopting the Digital Thread - November 10, 2017
- Benefits of Dock to Stock (DTS) Programs for Complex Discrete Manufacturers - February 13, 2017
- Why a Quality Management System Isn’t Enough to Satisfy 21 CFR Part 820 and Part 11 - January 3, 2017
- Why Medical Manufacturers Need Manufacturing Operations Management (MOM) - December 15, 2016
- Does Your MES Support Effective Product Genealogy for Medical Device Manufacturing? - October 6, 2016
- Achieve Cradle-to-Grave Bi-Directional Traceability with Best-of-Breed MOM - July 15, 2016
- A Better Approach to Maintaining Device History Records - March 1, 2016
- Solumina Deployed by BAE Systems to Achieve Operational Excellence - February 3, 2016