iBASEt’s Solumina Manufacturing Operations Management (MOM) Leverages Latest SAP Services Oriented Architecture (SOA) for Aerospace & Defense Companies
Foothill Ranch, CA March 30, 2009— iBASEt, a leader in enterprise Operations Process Management (OPM) software solutions, announces the release of its new off-the-shelf MOM to ERP integration package for SAP―standard integration package that enables customers to quickly bridge the SAP enterprise business system and the Solumina operations management system at the shop floor.
Solumina delivers unique features for Aerospace and Defense (A&D) companies that complement and enhance SAP’s solutions. Solumina is designed to manage the continuous stream of changes driven by engineering and issues that arise during manufacturing and service of complex products while maintaining process control and full accountability for regulatory compliance and requirements from customers, DoD, FAA, and standards like AS9100.
Some of the unique functionality that Solumina delivers to complement SAP includes:
Illustrated work instructions that step the operator through the process and prompt for data collection and signatures where required;
Inspection plans with data collection, test, verification and electronic signature requirements;
Tight integration of change management processes with Engineering CAD/PDM systems;
Employees and tools certification validation;
Detail process control at a operation level including decision points and return loops based on data collected;
Capability to split a work order after it has started and maintain serial number traceability.
All of these features are delivered in a simple user interface designed to reduce the learning curve for shop floor personnel and provide the process control required to assure product quality in highly regulated industries.
“SAP’s and Solumina’s JEE and SOA strategies are very compatible. We built the integration product on top of the new SAP enterprise services released on Netweaver and extended the interfaces on the SAP side to support OAGIS integration standards and accommodate scenarios required by our A&D customers,” stated Frank Heinrich, iBASEt’s CTO.
“iBASEt’s product strategy is to be the “best of breed” OPM solution while providing the lowest total cost of ownership (TCO) for our customers. We are focused on providing off-the-shelf integrations to the major ERP and PLM solutions thereby lowering the cost, risk and schedule of implementations and future upgrades. Our strategy ensures a better solution rather than a customized ERP solution which may be disruptive to the shop floor,” commented Vic Sial, iBASEt’s President.
iBASEt is a leading provider of software solutions to complex, highly regulated industries like Aerospace, Defense, Nuclear, Industrial Equipment, Electronics, Medical Devices, and Shipbuilding. iBASEt’s Solumina software streamlines and integrates Manufacturing Execution System and Operations Management (MES/MOM), Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul (MRO), and Quality Management System (QMS) for operations and supplier management. Solumina is implemented by industry leaders including BAE Systems, General Dynamics, Lockheed Martin, NASA, Northrop Grumman, United Technologies, and United Space Alliance. iBASEt’s Federal division has a distinguished record providing information technology, intelligence analysis and logistics services to government customers including the U.S. Navy, Air Force, Marines, SPAWAR, USAFRICOM, USCENTCOM, USSTRATCOM, USTRANSCOM.
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org; 877.422.7381
- iBASEt Launches Manufacturing Intelligence Solution for its Digital Manufacturing Suite - August 10, 2018
- iBASEt Extends the Digital Thread with Release of iBASEt PLM Connector - June 18, 2018
- Benefits of Adopting the Digital Thread - November 10, 2017
- Benefits of Dock to Stock (DTS) Programs for Complex Discrete Manufacturers - February 13, 2017
- Why a Quality Management System Isn’t Enough to Satisfy 21 CFR Part 820 and Part 11 - January 3, 2017
- Why Medical Manufacturers Need Manufacturing Operations Management (MOM) - December 15, 2016
- Does Your MES Support Effective Product Genealogy for Medical Device Manufacturing? - October 6, 2016
- Achieve Cradle-to-Grave Bi-Directional Traceability with Best-of-Breed MOM - July 15, 2016
- A Better Approach to Maintaining Device History Records - March 1, 2016
- Solumina Deployed by BAE Systems to Achieve Operational Excellence - February 3, 2016