Foothill Ranch, CA, August 26th, 2003 – Pratt & Whitney (P&W) has commenced replacing and standardizing its work instructions authoring and shop execution tools with Solumina. P&W will be rolling-out Solumina’s Work Instructions authoring and shop execution using paperless and paper display technology to all its Repair and Overhaul facilities worldwide.
Solumina allows P&W’s engineering group to deliver repair instructions directly to shop terminals where the work is being performed. Each component’s complete repair history will be available to other P&W sites worldwide. The Solumina implementation, including a Conference Room Pilot, was completed in a record four months and included an integration with P&W’s SAP suite of applications.
“We are very pleased to bring this technology to our Component Repair and Engine Overhaul operations worldwide,” said Mike Paul, General Manager of Enterprise Systems for P&W. “This roll-out allows our facilities to gradually migrate to a paperless environment while facilitating standardization and collaboration between the repair centers. This will translate into faster repair cycles and standard process methodology.”
iBASEt’s President, Vic Sial, stated, “We are very proud to have been selected by P&W to provide electronic Work Instructions and to be a part of P&W’s e-business initiatives to help leverage the B2B opportunities provided by today’s internet enabled technologies. It has been a pleasure working with the team at P&W and we are looking forward to a long, mutually rewarding partnership.”
About Pratt & Whitney / UTC Corporation
Pratt & Whitney is a leader in the design, manufacture and support of engines for commercial, military and general aviation aircraft, space propulsion and power systems. Pratt & Whitney is a division of United Technologies Corporation, a $27.9 billion company that includes Otis elevators and escalators, Carrier heating and air-conditioning systems, Sikorsky helicopters and Hamilton Sundstrand aerospace systems.
iBASEt, founded in 1986, is a leading provider of high-tech software solutions and services. The company has two divisions: Solumina and Federal Systems Division (FSD). FSD has a distinguished record supporting requirements for NAVAIR, SPAWAR, NSWC, Air Force, Marines, NASA, CENTCOM, and other agencies. iBASEt’s Solumina Division pioneered the first client server image-based work instruction delivery and data capture system in the complex assembly, aerospace and defense markets. iBASEt’s Solumina Operations Process Management solution is targeted at Process Engineering and Planning, Plant Floor Execution and Quality Management and provides a paperless connection between product engineering, ERP and the plant floor. Users report Solumina has significantly improved productivity, throughput, and provided millions of dollars in annual cost savings. Solumina customers include industry leaders like The Boeing Company, General Dynamics, Lockheed Martin, BWX Technologies, Northrop Grumman and United Technologies.
iBASEt Sales contact: Michel Gadbois, (949) 598-5200 or mgadbois@iBASEt.com
iBASEt Marketing contact: Conrad Leiva, (949) 598-5200 or cleiva@iBASEt.com
- iBASEt Launches Manufacturing Intelligence Solution for its Digital Manufacturing Suite - August 10, 2018
- iBASEt Extends the Digital Thread with Release of iBASEt PLM Connector - June 18, 2018
- Benefits of Adopting the Digital Thread - November 10, 2017
- Benefits of Dock to Stock (DTS) Programs for Complex Discrete Manufacturers - February 13, 2017
- Why a Quality Management System Isn’t Enough to Satisfy 21 CFR Part 820 and Part 11 - January 3, 2017
- Why Medical Manufacturers Need Manufacturing Operations Management (MOM) - December 15, 2016
- Does Your MES Support Effective Product Genealogy for Medical Device Manufacturing? - October 6, 2016
- Achieve Cradle-to-Grave Bi-Directional Traceability with Best-of-Breed MOM - July 15, 2016
- A Better Approach to Maintaining Device History Records - March 1, 2016
- Solumina Deployed by BAE Systems to Achieve Operational Excellence - February 3, 2016