Foothill Ranch, CA, August 26th, 2003 – Pratt & Whitney (P&W) has commenced replacing and standardizing its work instructions authoring and shop execution tools with Solumina. P&W will be rolling-out Solumina’s Work Instructions authoring and shop execution using paperless and paper display technology to all its Repair and Overhaul facilities worldwide.
Solumina allows P&W’s engineering group to deliver repair instructions directly to shop terminals where the work is being performed. Each component’s complete repair history will be available to other P&W sites worldwide. The Solumina implementation, including a Conference Room Pilot, was completed in a record four months and included an integration with P&W’s SAP suite of applications.
“We are very pleased to bring this technology to our Component Repair and Engine Overhaul operations worldwide,” said Mike Paul, General Manager of Enterprise Systems for P&W. “This roll-out allows our facilities to gradually migrate to a paperless environment while facilitating standardization and collaboration between the repair centers. This will translate into faster repair cycles and standard process methodology.”
iBASEt’s President, Vic Sial, stated, “We are very proud to have been selected by P&W to provide electronic Work Instructions and to be a part of P&W’s e-business initiatives to help leverage the B2B opportunities provided by today’s internet enabled technologies. It has been a pleasure working with the team at P&W and we are looking forward to a long, mutually rewarding partnership.”
About Pratt & Whitney / UTC Corporation
Pratt & Whitney is a leader in the design, manufacture and support of engines for commercial, military and general aviation aircraft, space propulsion and power systems. Pratt & Whitney is a division of United Technologies Corporation, a $27.9 billion company that includes Otis elevators and escalators, Carrier heating and air-conditioning systems, Sikorsky helicopters and Hamilton Sundstrand aerospace systems.
iBASEt, founded in 1986, is a leading provider of high-tech software solutions and services. The company has two divisions: Solumina and Federal Systems Division (FSD). FSD has a distinguished record supporting requirements for NAVAIR, SPAWAR, NSWC, Air Force, Marines, NASA, CENTCOM, and other agencies. iBASEt’s Solumina Division pioneered the first client server image-based work instruction delivery and data capture system in the complex assembly, aerospace and defense markets. iBASEt’s Solumina Operations Process Management solution is targeted at Process Engineering and Planning, Plant Floor Execution and Quality Management and provides a paperless connection between product engineering, ERP and the plant floor. Users report Solumina has significantly improved productivity, throughput, and provided millions of dollars in annual cost savings. Solumina customers include industry leaders like The Boeing Company, General Dynamics, Lockheed Martin, BWX Technologies, Northrop Grumman and United Technologies.
iBASEt Sales contact: Michel Gadbois, (949) 598-5200 or mgadbois@iBASEt.com
iBASEt Marketing contact: Conrad Leiva, (949) 598-5200 or cleiva@iBASEt.com
- iBASEt Extends the Digital Thread with Release of iBASEt PLM Connector - June 18, 2018
- Benefits of Adopting the Digital Thread - November 10, 2017
- Solumina Deployed by BAE Systems to Achieve Operational Excellence - February 3, 2016
- iBASEt Discusses Digital Thread to Manufacturing at AeroDef 2016 - January 19, 2016
- 10 Technologies Driving the Future of Manufacturing - December 15, 2015
- The Top 100 Defense Companies of 2015 - December 14, 2015
- Analytics, Big Data and Sensor Integration Are the Future According to Internet of Things App Developers - December 6, 2015
- The 50 Most Innovative Companies of 2015 Are Defining The Future of Manufacturing - December 3, 2015
- 7 Key Take-Aways And Predictions From IDG’s 2015 Enterprise Cloud Computing Survey - November 30, 2015
- 10 Predictions for Manufacturing Execution Systems and Manufacturing Intelligence In 2016 - November 24, 2015