Foothill Ranch, Calif, March 25, 2014 — The design and development of products for space program manufacturing is constantly pushing the leading edge of technology. This translates to implementing requirements to manage a constant flow of engineering design refinement as issues and opportunities for improvement are found during the manufacturing, assembly and test processes. These types of requirements go beyond the typical scenarios for manufacturing.
Specialized solutions like iBASEt’s Solumina software suite are designed for more intimate coordination between engineering design functions and the supplier and operations execution network. It is critical to know what engineering changes have been incorporated, which ones are pending, and what actually went up into space.
Compliance assurance to specifications and requirements is much more than having a cabinet full of paperwork to demonstrate compliance. It is about controlling the processes proactively in a systematic way so the actual build is never allowed to be out of sync with requirements and specifications. Deviations must be approved and incorporated with full traceability. The automation of these processes becomes more critical when key subassemblies and components need to be coordinated with partners and suppliers. iBASEt has developed and continues to evolve solutions for these special needs working closely with leading companies in the aerospace and defense industry.
In preparation for the ARES program, the space shuttle program implemented many process improvements with Solumina including paperless execution and launch operations for Space Shuttle Atlantis, Challenger, and Endeavour. “The lessons learned in those programs are a great starting point for future space programs,” stated Conrad Leiva, VP Product Marketing and Alliances at iBASEt. “We are also ready with solutions for more intimate integration of the critical supplier network for the next generation of space programs.”
For a more detailed look at how you can leverage Solumina to improve collaboration and execution among engineers, suppliers, and manufacturing operations, please visit iBASEt at Space Tech Expo on April 1-3, 2014 at the Convention Center in Long Beach, CA booth# 4044, or visit us at www.solumina.com.
iBASEt is a leading provider of software solutions to complex, highly regulated industries, like Aerospace and Defense, Medical Devices, Nuclear, Industrial Equipment, Electronics and Shipbuilding. iBASEt’s Solumina software streamlines and integrates Manufacturing Execution System and Operations Management (MES/MOM), Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul (MRO) and Quality Management System (QMS) for operations and supplier management. Solumina is implemented by industry leaders, including ATK, Jacobs Engineering, Lockheed Martin, NASA, Northrop Grumman, and United Technologies.
- iBASEt Launches Manufacturing Intelligence Solution for its Digital Manufacturing Suite - August 10, 2018
- iBASEt Extends the Digital Thread with Release of iBASEt PLM Connector - June 18, 2018
- Benefits of Adopting the Digital Thread - November 10, 2017
- Benefits of Dock to Stock (DTS) Programs for Complex Discrete Manufacturers - February 13, 2017
- Why a Quality Management System Isn’t Enough to Satisfy 21 CFR Part 820 and Part 11 - January 3, 2017
- Why Medical Manufacturers Need Manufacturing Operations Management (MOM) - December 15, 2016
- Does Your MES Support Effective Product Genealogy for Medical Device Manufacturing? - October 6, 2016
- Achieve Cradle-to-Grave Bi-Directional Traceability with Best-of-Breed MOM - July 15, 2016
- A Better Approach to Maintaining Device History Records - March 1, 2016
- Solumina Deployed by BAE Systems to Achieve Operational Excellence - February 3, 2016