Foothill Ranch, Calif., August 12, 2013 – Join iBASEt at 10am PST / 1pm EST on Thursday, August 15, 2013, for the informative webinar “Make Your Suppliers Work For You,” which will walk viewers through the steps to enhancing companies’ supply chain and explain how discrete manufacturers are using Solumina to improve purchased product quality.
Discrete manufacturing component and subassembly outsourcing has more than doubled over the last five years, causing costs to decrease significantly but overall quality, including the timeliness of delivery and product reliability, has suffered. To combat this problem, supplier quality engineers are spending countless man hours tracking down paperwork errors, communicating drawing changes and managing supplier requirements to improve quality.
This webinar presentation will discuss how leading complex, discrete manufacturers are using Solumina Supplier Quality Assurance (SQA) to optimize the supply chain, focusing on suppliers that deliver high-quality goods on time, and answer the top questions on a supplier quality engineer’s mind.
- How can engineers improve visibility to their suppliers?
- How can thousands of requirements for hundreds of suppliers be managed in a simple way?
- What are the industry best practices for ensuring purchased products are at the desired quality level?
Viewers will also learn how Solumina SQA manages AS9100 Rev C. and Part 820 compliant standards, such as automatic defect containment and closed-loop 8D corrective action; directly improves the bottom line, including eliminating inspectors at supplier sites; assembles a complete product genealogy; and promotes quick implementation – in as little as two months.
“SQA is not a silo solution,” said webinar presenter Becky Kelderman. “This webinar will also cover the benefits of implementing an integrated, quality solution to manage supplier quality, not only from the receiving dock, but also reaching out to the external supply chain and back through the internal assembly process.”
- iBASEt Launches Manufacturing Intelligence Solution for its Digital Manufacturing Suite - August 10, 2018
- iBASEt Extends the Digital Thread with Release of iBASEt PLM Connector - June 18, 2018
- Benefits of Adopting the Digital Thread - November 10, 2017
- Benefits of Dock to Stock (DTS) Programs for Complex Discrete Manufacturers - February 13, 2017
- Why a Quality Management System Isn’t Enough to Satisfy 21 CFR Part 820 and Part 11 - January 3, 2017
- Why Medical Manufacturers Need Manufacturing Operations Management (MOM) - December 15, 2016
- Does Your MES Support Effective Product Genealogy for Medical Device Manufacturing? - October 6, 2016
- Achieve Cradle-to-Grave Bi-Directional Traceability with Best-of-Breed MOM - July 15, 2016
- A Better Approach to Maintaining Device History Records - March 1, 2016
- Solumina Deployed by BAE Systems to Achieve Operational Excellence - February 3, 2016