Foothill Ranch, CA, June 15, 2009 – iBASEt congratulates Lockheed Martin MS2 Tactical Systems (“LMTS”) located at Oldsmar, FL for winning Quality Magazine’s 2009 Quality Plant of the Year in the large plant division.
Quality is critical for this electronics manufacturer that provides components used to build satellites, command and control systems, and air traffic control systems. Employees at this plant understand the responsibility and are very focused on continuously improving quality. LMTS received nearly a perfect score from the judges. (Ref1)
LMTS does regular external AS9100 audits and sailed through certification with a perfect score last fall. The plant has recently achieved a Silver Supplier Certification award from Boeing as well as Northrop Grumman’s Platinum Source Preferred Supplier status.
LMTS was also recently honored by Information Week as one of ten Best Plants for 2008 for their continuous pursuit of excellence and the results of the introduction and integration of leading-edge technologies. Among the 2008 IW Best Plant winners, the median finished-product first-pass yield was 98.6%, on-time delivery was 99%, and reduced scrap and rework cost was 33.9% for the three preceding years. (Ref2)
Among the tools used at LMTS, iBASEt’s Solumina Operations Process Management software helps ensure process control, consistency, quality, and compliance at the shop floor. “This plant is always making improvements and we are honored to be a part of that philosophy”, stated Conrad Leiva, VP Product Marketing at iBASEt. “They are focused on streamlining and standardizing best practices. They automate and apply technology where it pays off.”
“Regulatory Agencies like the FAA, DOE and FDA and rising customer expectations are raising the quality bar each year. iBASEt has been helping its customers measure, monitor and continuously improve quality and process controls since 1996,” remarked Vic Sial, President at iBASEt. “Our customers are using iBASEt’s Enterprise Quality Management solution to improve processes and quality management not only for their internal operations, but also to prevent issues as early as possible within their supplier network.”
iBASEt is a leading provider of software solutions to complex, highly regulated industries like Aerospace, Defense, Nuclear, Industrial Equipment, Electronics, Medical Devices, and Shipbuilding. iBASEt’s Solumina software streamlines and integrates Manufacturing Execution System and Operations Management (MES/MOM), Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul (MRO), and Quality Management System (QMS) for operations and supplier management. Solumina is implemented by industry leaders including BAE Systems, General Dynamics, Lockheed Martin, NASA, Northrop Grumman, United Technologies, and United Space Alliance. iBASEt’s Federal division has a distinguished record providing information technology, intelligence analysis and logistics services to government customers including the U.S. Navy, Air Force, Marines, SPAWAR, USAFRICOM, USCENTCOM, USSTRATCOM, USTRANSCOM.
Contact: [email protected]; 877.422.7381
- iBASEt Launches Manufacturing Intelligence Solution for its Digital Manufacturing Suite - August 10, 2018
- iBASEt Extends the Digital Thread with Release of iBASEt PLM Connector - June 18, 2018
- Benefits of Adopting the Digital Thread - November 10, 2017
- Benefits of Dock to Stock (DTS) Programs for Complex Discrete Manufacturers - February 13, 2017
- Why a Quality Management System Isn’t Enough to Satisfy 21 CFR Part 820 and Part 11 - January 3, 2017
- Why Medical Manufacturers Need Manufacturing Operations Management (MOM) - December 15, 2016
- Does Your MES Support Effective Product Genealogy for Medical Device Manufacturing? - October 6, 2016
- Achieve Cradle-to-Grave Bi-Directional Traceability with Best-of-Breed MOM - July 15, 2016
- A Better Approach to Maintaining Device History Records - March 1, 2016
- Solumina Deployed by BAE Systems to Achieve Operational Excellence - February 3, 2016