Foothill Ranch, CA, June 26, 2008 – iBASEt would like to congratulate General Dynamics AIS Integrated Space Systems for winning the 2008 Progressive Manufacturer Award at the Progressive Manufacturing Summit held at the Four Seasons Hotel in Las Vegas.
“The Progressive Manufacturer of the Year is a distinct honor―we choose this company from across all eight categories as the one company that best exemplifies Progressive Manufacturing” commented David Brousell, Editor-in-Chief for Managing Automation.”
With over 45 years in the space industry, the Scottsdale, AZ based General Dynamics AIS won the award for its internally named Orion project. Orion used iBASEt’s Solumina MES software suite as its core technology to modernize production operations and achieve a completely paperless shop floor.
“Orion has been a journey in the pursuit of the complete paperless shop floor,” said Mark Yatskievych, CIM Product Manager for General Dynamics AIS. “Each year we’ve seen additional benefits by moving away from a highly paper-based, manually controlled production facility to one where Solumina is the focal point for building hardware.”
General Dynamics AIS has been reaping the fruits of its hard work as well. “Customer feedback has noted our Orion system and processes as best-in-class and a distinguisher among hi-reliability space manufacturers,” adds Yatskievych.
Congratulations, General Dynamics! Kudos to you and the Orion team for receiving this prestigious accolade.
iBASEt, founded in 1986, is a leading provider of high-tech software solutions and services. The company has two divisions: Solumina and Federal Systems Division (FSD). iBASEt’s Solumina Operations Process Management software streamlines and integrates functions across the product lifecycle from engineering to the supplier network, production and aftermarket services. Solumina specializes in Manufacturing Operations Management (MOM and MES software) and Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul (MRO software) for complex discrete industries including Aerospace, Defense, Nuclear, Industrial, Electronics, Medical Devices, and Shipbuilding. Solumina includes Process Planning, Plant Floor Execution, and Quality Assurance Management in a paperless solution that integrates Engineering (CAD, PLM) and business systems (ERP) to the plant floor. Solumina customers include industry leaders like Lockheed Martin, BAE Systems, General Dynamics, BWX Technologies, Northrop Grumman, United Technologies, and United Space Technology. iBASEt’s FSD division has a distinguished record supporting requirements for NAVAIR, SPAWAR, NSWC, Air Force, Marines, CENTCOM, and other agencies. For more information on our manufacturing and execution systems software, please visit http://www.solumina.com.
Contact: [email protected]; 877.422.7381
- iBASEt Launches Manufacturing Intelligence Solution for its Digital Manufacturing Suite - August 10, 2018
- iBASEt Extends the Digital Thread with Release of iBASEt PLM Connector - June 18, 2018
- Benefits of Adopting the Digital Thread - November 10, 2017
- Benefits of Dock to Stock (DTS) Programs for Complex Discrete Manufacturers - February 13, 2017
- Why a Quality Management System Isn’t Enough to Satisfy 21 CFR Part 820 and Part 11 - January 3, 2017
- Why Medical Manufacturers Need Manufacturing Operations Management (MOM) - December 15, 2016
- Does Your MES Support Effective Product Genealogy for Medical Device Manufacturing? - October 6, 2016
- Achieve Cradle-to-Grave Bi-Directional Traceability with Best-of-Breed MOM - July 15, 2016
- A Better Approach to Maintaining Device History Records - March 1, 2016
- Solumina Deployed by BAE Systems to Achieve Operational Excellence - February 3, 2016