Lake Forest, Calif. and Miami, Florida, June 25, 2002 – iBASEt, a leading provider of operations process management solutions, and Kaba Benzing America (Kaba Benzing), a leading provider of time and labor management systems, today announced the formation of an alliance to deliver increased value to their clients by providing a standard XML integration between Solumina and AutoTime.
Conrad Leiva, iBASEt Director of Business Development, remarked: “We service a very similar client base, so we are pleased to formalize this alliance and offer a pre-integrated solution for our Manufacturing and MRO customers. The labor cost distribution is derived from transactions we were already capturing — attendance punch in/out and job sign on/off transactions. We are providing the needed cost data to our customers without requiring any additional data entry effort.”
Michael Register, KBA Vice President of Business Development and Marketing, added that “the integration of the two products provides a complete shop floor solution for manufacturing companies, especially those in regulated environments.”
Frank Heinrich, Chief Technology Officer at iBASEt commented, “This Solumina-Autotime integration is our first production interface using XML and standard Business Object Documents from the Open Applications Group, Inc. The implementation teams were delighted with how quickly and easily the project moved from design through successful implementation using XML and OAGIS BODs. Next, we are expanding the use of this technology to provide a proven integration roadmap to our customers and partners, and expect to substantially reduce the cost and risk of our integrations to other applications, such as ERP and PDM systems.”
iBASEt, founded in 1986 as TSI, is a leading provider of high-tech software solutions and services. The company has two divisions: Solumina and Federal Systems Division (FSD). FSD has a distinguished record supporting requirements for NAVAIRESFOR, NAVAIRSYSCOM, SPAWAR, NSWC Carderock, NSWC Indian Head, Air Force, Marines, NASA, CENTCOM and other agencies. iBASEt’s Solumina Division pioneered the first online image-based work instruction system with data and signature capture in the complex assembly, aerospace and defense markets. iBASEt’s Solumina Operations Process Management (OPM) solution is targeted at Process Planning, Shop Floor Execution and Quality Management, providing a paperless connection between product engineering, ERP and the plant floor. Users report Solumina has significantly improved productivity, throughput, and provided cost savings in the millions of dollars per year. Solumina customers include industry leaders like The Boeing Company, General Dynamics, BWX Technologies, TRW and United Technologies.
About Kaba Benzing America KBA is the North American subsidiary of Kaba Benzing and is a leading provider of Time and Labor Management Solutions. Their AutoTime solution includes comprehensive functionality for time and attendance, labor collection, and labor costing. Customers include The Boeing Company, Bombardier, General Electric, General Dynamics, Honeywell, Raytheon Systems, Northrop Grumman and United Technologies.
Kaba Benzing contact: Michael Register (305) 819-4000 or [email protected].
iBASEt Sales contact: Michel Gadbois, (949) 598-5200 or [email protected].
iBASEt Marketing contact: Conrad Leiva (949) 598-5200 or [email protected].
- iBASEt Launches Manufacturing Intelligence Solution for its Digital Manufacturing Suite - August 10, 2018
- iBASEt Extends the Digital Thread with Release of iBASEt PLM Connector - June 18, 2018
- Benefits of Adopting the Digital Thread - November 10, 2017
- Benefits of Dock to Stock (DTS) Programs for Complex Discrete Manufacturers - February 13, 2017
- Why a Quality Management System Isn’t Enough to Satisfy 21 CFR Part 820 and Part 11 - January 3, 2017
- Why Medical Manufacturers Need Manufacturing Operations Management (MOM) - December 15, 2016
- Does Your MES Support Effective Product Genealogy for Medical Device Manufacturing? - October 6, 2016
- Achieve Cradle-to-Grave Bi-Directional Traceability with Best-of-Breed MOM - July 15, 2016
- A Better Approach to Maintaining Device History Records - March 1, 2016
- Solumina Deployed by BAE Systems to Achieve Operational Excellence - February 3, 2016