Foothill Ranch, Calif., May 2, 2013 – iBASEt has successfully completed software upgrades of its paperless Manufacturing Operations Management (MOM) system, Solumina (G7R5), with integration to ATK’s Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) materials management system at the ATK-operated Allegany Ballistics Laboratory (ABL) in Rocket Center, WV. This upgrade sets the stage for full deployment of the integrated manufacturing execution and quality solutions at ABL for 2013.
The full deployment of Solumina is part of an initiative at the ABL facility to standardize and upgrade systems for manufacturing process planning, shop floor control and quality functions. Shop floor process work instructions are delivered electronically with capture of execution history, employee training verifications and product build genealogy. Solumina complements ATK’s ERP materials management system by providing the process management functionality needed in highly regulated industries such as aerospace and defense. Solumina provides configurable functionality to manage and improve real-time operations in complex, discrete environments while easily integrating with the enterprise CAD/PDM and ERP solutions.
With Solumina G7R5’s robust solutions offering, ABL will standardize process management procedures at the more finite operation level, including work instructions, inspection requirements, tooling sheets and operator certification verifications. The application has provided standardized workflow, configuration control and change management procedures for manufacturing processing and quality operations.
“ATK takes pride in developing and implementing a best practice approach toward automating our manufacturing operations management systems, and addressing the needs of our shop floor operations,” stated Pat Nolan, ATK Tactical Propulsion and Ordnance, Vice President and Site Manager for ABL. “The industry expertise and rapid implementation methodology adopted by iBASEt is allowing us to move forward quickly with full deployment across the facility during 2013.”
ATK is an aerospace, defense, and commercial products company with operations in 21 states, Puerto Rico, and internationally.
- iBASEt Launches Manufacturing Intelligence Solution for its Digital Manufacturing Suite - August 10, 2018
- iBASEt Extends the Digital Thread with Release of iBASEt PLM Connector - June 18, 2018
- Benefits of Adopting the Digital Thread - November 10, 2017
- Benefits of Dock to Stock (DTS) Programs for Complex Discrete Manufacturers - February 13, 2017
- Why a Quality Management System Isn’t Enough to Satisfy 21 CFR Part 820 and Part 11 - January 3, 2017
- Why Medical Manufacturers Need Manufacturing Operations Management (MOM) - December 15, 2016
- Does Your MES Support Effective Product Genealogy for Medical Device Manufacturing? - October 6, 2016
- Achieve Cradle-to-Grave Bi-Directional Traceability with Best-of-Breed MOM - July 15, 2016
- A Better Approach to Maintaining Device History Records - March 1, 2016
- Solumina Deployed by BAE Systems to Achieve Operational Excellence - February 3, 2016