Foothill Ranch, CA, February 18, 2009 – Following successful implementations at ATK’s Clearfield, Utah and Iuka, Mississippi plants, the integration of iBASEt’s Solumina® Paperless Manufacturing Operations Management (MOM) system is well underway at ATK’s Rocket Center, West Virginia facility.
The implementation of Solumina is part of a companywide initiative to standardize on systems and procedures. Solumina complements the other enterprise systems by providing the process management functionality needed in highly regulated industries like the Aerospace & Defense and Nuclear industries without developing expensive custom extensions to other Enterprise solutions. Solumina provides tailored functionality to manage and improve real-time operations in complex, discrete environments while easily integrating with the enterprise CAD/PDM and ERP solutions.
With Solumina, ATK’s Rocket Center facility will standardize process management procedures at the more finite operation level including work instructions, inspection requirements, tooling sheets, and operator certification verifications. The application also standardizes workflow, configuration control and change management procedures.
“Solumina completes the enterprise systems landscape along with our ERP system by addressing the needs of our shop floor operations,” stated Mike McKenzie, Enterprise Business Systems Manager at ATK. “The industry expertise and rapid implementation methodology adopted by iBASEt is allowing us to move forward quickly with the implementation.”
ATK is a premier aerospace and defense company with more than 17,000 employees in 21 states and approximately $4.5 billion in revenue. News and information can be found on the Internet at www.atk.com.
iBASEt is a leading provider of high-tech software solutions and services. The company has two divisions: Solumina and Federal Systems Division (FSD). iBASEt’s Solumina Operations Process Management software streamlines and integrates functions across the product lifecycle from engineering to the supplier network, production and aftermarket services. Solumina specializes in Manufacturing Operations Management (MOM) and Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul (MRO) software for complex discrete industries including Aerospace, Defense, Nuclear, Industrial, Electronics, Medical Devices, and Shipbuilding. Solumina includes Process Planning, Plant Floor Execution, and Quality Assurance Management in a paperless solution that integrates Engineering (CAD, PLM) and business systems (ERP) to the plant floor. Solumina customers include industry leaders like United Space Alliance, Lockheed Martin, BAE Systems, General Dynamics, Babcock & Wilcox, Nuclear Operations Group, Northrop Grumman, Parker Hannifin, and United Technologies. iBASEt’s FSD division has a distinguished record supporting requirements for NAVAIR, SPAWAR, NSWC, Air Force, Marines, CENTCOM, and other agencies.
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org; 877.422.7381
- iBASEt Launches Manufacturing Intelligence Solution for its Digital Manufacturing Suite - August 10, 2018
- iBASEt Extends the Digital Thread with Release of iBASEt PLM Connector - June 18, 2018
- Benefits of Adopting the Digital Thread - November 10, 2017
- Benefits of Dock to Stock (DTS) Programs for Complex Discrete Manufacturers - February 13, 2017
- Why a Quality Management System Isn’t Enough to Satisfy 21 CFR Part 820 and Part 11 - January 3, 2017
- Why Medical Manufacturers Need Manufacturing Operations Management (MOM) - December 15, 2016
- Does Your MES Support Effective Product Genealogy for Medical Device Manufacturing? - October 6, 2016
- Achieve Cradle-to-Grave Bi-Directional Traceability with Best-of-Breed MOM - July 15, 2016
- A Better Approach to Maintaining Device History Records - March 1, 2016
- Solumina Deployed by BAE Systems to Achieve Operational Excellence - February 3, 2016