Foothill Ranch, CA & Longueuil, Quebec, April 30, 2003 – Pratt & Whitney Canada (PWC) in their continuing efforts to eliminate waste and reduce costs throughout their operations are piloting Solumina’s Paperless Operations Management Software Solution in their Manufacturing Operations area.
PWC have always been at the forefront of innovation on their shop floor – from leading edge CAD/CAM deployments to self-developed machine monitoring and control technologies that eliminate waste. Continuing this tradition, Pratt & Whitney Canada have the intention to gradually turning their Manufacturing Operations area paperless through the use of Solumina. PWC has been piloting Solumina for the past 3 months in their Integrated Fan-Blade area with great success. The duration of the roll-out will be established by PW Cover the course of the coming months.
iBASEt’s Vice President of Sales, Michel Gadbois, stated, “We are honored that the world’s premier manufacturer of Regional/Commuter Jet Engines has selected iBASEt to assist them in their continuous improvement efforts. PWC has been very committed to making real-life changes to their manufacturing processes in order to eliminate waste and improve quality.”
About Pratt & Whitney Canada
P&WC, based in Longueuil, Quebec, is a world leader in aviation engines powering business and regional aircraft and helicopters. The company also offers advanced engines for industrial applications. P&WC’s operations and service network span the globe. P&WC is a subsidiary of United Technologies Corporation (NYSE:UTX), a high-technology company based in Hartford, Connecticut.
- iBASEt Launches Manufacturing Intelligence Solution for its Digital Manufacturing Suite - August 10, 2018
- iBASEt Extends the Digital Thread with Release of iBASEt PLM Connector - June 18, 2018
- Benefits of Adopting the Digital Thread - November 10, 2017
- Benefits of Dock to Stock (DTS) Programs for Complex Discrete Manufacturers - February 13, 2017
- Why a Quality Management System Isn’t Enough to Satisfy 21 CFR Part 820 and Part 11 - January 3, 2017
- Why Medical Manufacturers Need Manufacturing Operations Management (MOM) - December 15, 2016
- Does Your MES Support Effective Product Genealogy for Medical Device Manufacturing? - October 6, 2016
- Achieve Cradle-to-Grave Bi-Directional Traceability with Best-of-Breed MOM - July 15, 2016
- A Better Approach to Maintaining Device History Records for FDA Compliance - March 1, 2016
- Solumina Deployed by BAE Systems to Achieve Operational Excellence - February 3, 2016