In a dynamic environment like a discrete, complex shop floor, paper documents are outdated as soon as they are printed. So not only are documents difficult to stay up to date, but they also slow down an organization and greatly impact it’s ability to respond quickly to issues on the shop floor.
There are a large number of administrative processes that go along with a paper-based system. Paper is limiting by not only the time it takes to fill out the paperwork, but also the additional efforts of tracking, logging and ensuring that the paper is routed correctly.
In the instances where items need to be signed off quickly, there is an additional effort to chase that paperwork around to make sure it is signed and filled out properly. Meanwhile, production slows down.
To improve efficiency, quality, control and responsiveness, look to a paperless Manufacturing Execution System (MES) like Solumina. A paperless MES manages non-conformances, delivers work instructions to the shop floor and synchronizes companies’ enterprise data in real time. It eliminates the constraints imposed by paper-based processes and is adaptable to any shop floor environment. And best of all, you will never be held back by the drag of paperwork.
- Shop Floor Paperwork is a Drag - July 23, 2013
- Do You Know What’s Happening on your Shop Floor? - July 15, 2013
- Supply Chain ROI - July 10, 2013
- Solumina isn’t your typical Manufacturing Execution System - June 20, 2013
- Webinar: Do we need to integrate PLM and Execution Systems? Isn’t ERP Enough? - June 13, 2013
- Looking to Increase Your Shop Floor Efficiency? - June 5, 2013
- Four Features that Set Solumina Apart - May 24, 2013
- How iBASEt Got Its Start - May 15, 2013
- Paper Kills: Eliminate Paper Constraints - April 30, 2013
- Look to your Supply Chain for Cost Savings - April 25, 2013