At iBASEt, we are revolutionizing the factory floor. We provide high-end manufacturers – such as United Technologies (UTC), Lockheed Martin, and General Dynamics – an integrated, paperless, commercial-off-the-shelf (COTS) solution to optimize shop floor execution. Our products build in quality from start to finish by streamlining integrated functions across a product’s lifecycle from engineering to the supplier network, production and aftermarket services. iBASEt is growing and committed to seizing the tremendous opportunities in our market space. We value our collaborative partnerships with our customers and are proud of the numerous industry awards we have received for our innovation.
JOB TITLE: Senior Software Engineer
DEPARTMENT: Technical Services /Systems Integration
REPORTS TO: VP Technical Services
Senior Software Engineer will develop, design, and implement new systems and features, as well as modify and maintain existing systems for adaptation to business and/or technology changes. The Senior Software Engineer engages directly with IT management, development teams, service delivery teams, and vendors to ensure the successful design, development, and delivery of iBASEt Solumina.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- As Technical Lead in projects, responsible for leading a development team, providing the required technical guidance to ensure software deliverables are completed on time and budget.
- Create Technical Specifications that correspond to the Functional Specifications written by the Business Analyst and serve as technical advisers to developers providing the necessary guidance on the requirements.
- Effectively work with Implementation Manager(s) in estimating, planning, prioritizing, and executing assigned tasks within project deadlines
- Review and understand the Application user interface and integration for Manufacturing Execution System (MES) processes and the ability to discuss its benefits with customers.
- Implement custom implementations based upon written technical specifications.
- Ability to perform peer code reviews ensuring programming standards are adhered to.
- Validating software configurations by thoroughly testing the application.
- Requires experience in manufacturing processes, information systems, and system implementation methodologies.
- Works in a team environment to discover requirements, design, and solutions for the customer.
- Developing effective, maintainable code on time
- Working with product specialists and team leaders to create an accurate level of effort estimates and schedules
- Designing, coding, and testing new features
- Performing software maintenance and bug fixes
- Customize messaging system exchanging XML and JSON data through queues and middleware
- Understand application schema logical and physical models
- Resolve software issues in terms of functionality, usability, performance
- Support a team of developers onshore/offshore for product development or implementation.
- Develop and implement systems interfaces, application configurations, specific customizations, data load, data migration, and application upgrade for assigned projects, as required by project requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical or business discipline; or equivalent
- A minimum of 8 years experience in software development is required
- Knowledge of React.js, Redux, and Web UI Frontend development is a plus
- Experience in the manufacturing industry specifically in the area of Process Planning (PP), Manufacturing Execution (MES), Quality Assurance (QA), Supplier Quality (SQA), and Maintenance and Overhaul (MRO) is a plus.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and customer relations skills, both written and oral
- Availability to travel outside the home city at least 50% of the time, internationally 25% of the time.
Physical Requirements / Work Environment:
- Regularly required to stand or sit, reach, bend and move about the facility
- It May require some light physical effort
- Usual office working conditions
- May experience various travel schedule and different time zones
- Travel times may include Sunday evenings and Friday afternoons.
iBASEt is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.