At iBASEt, we are revolutionizing the factory floor. We provide high-end manufacturers – such as United Technologies (UTC), Lockheed Martin, and General Dynamics – an integrated, paperless, commercial-off-the-shelf (COTS) solution to optimize shop floor execution. Our products build in quality from start to finish by streamlining integrated functions across a product’s lifecycle from engineering to the supplier network, production and aftermarket services. iBASEt is growing and committed to seizing the tremendous opportunities in our market space. We value our collaborative partnerships with our customers and are proud of the numerous industry awards we have received for our innovation.
Job Title: Project Manager (Remote)
Department: Global Services (Professional Services)
FLSA Status: Exempt
The iBASEt Global Services Project Manager is responsible for planning, launching, monitoring, reporting and managing day-to-day activities of assigned projects, per industry best practices and the iBASEt PMO standards, and in collaboration with Services Management, Functional and Technical consultants, along with Sales and Product teams. The Project Manager ensures that work activities are properly defined, planned, and executed on time and per the budget. He/she will ensure that projects are properly staffed, and that issues and risks are closely monitored and under control. The Project Manager will act as the main interface / point of contact for customers during the life of the projects and will ensure adequate communication and expectation management across stakeholders, to warrant project success and customer satisfaction. This position may also lead or support internal continuous improvement initiatives as required.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee in this position. Employee will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Is responsible for the overall performance of assigned projects, including performance to schedule, budget, scope and deliverable quality.
- Plans, forecasts, and negotiates tradeoffs between technical solutions, cost, schedule, and performance parameters of assigned projects and modifications thereof.
- Serves as focal point of communication with customers and within the Company for assigned projects.
- Ensures issues and risks are closely monitored and under control, with adequate resolution, mitigation and/or contingency plans.
- Is responsible for successful delivery/implementation of MES Application from project initiation to closure.
- Effectively manages relationships with customer’s management, project managers and project teams.
- Reports on project progress and health to customers and iBASEt management on a regular basis
- Uses common project management tools including task development, project planning, status reviewing, resource planning, issue tracking, risk management and contingency planning, estimating and forecasting, and documentation for assigned projects. Responsible for reporting/tracking project financial status and progress.
- Manages project resources and support multiple projects concurrently. Ensure that management remains informed of the cost, schedule, and performance of each assigned project by formal and informal means. Responsible for project plan creation and resource assignment, updating and execution
- Provides on-site presence at customer facilities for assigned project to facilitate efficient and accurate communication.
- Creates focus and direction for assigned projects through efficient communicating, facilitating constructive discussion and consensus building, and defining project objectives, issues, and work plans. Determines priorities, planning budgets, deploying allotted resources, and establishing tactical project strategies
- Supports creation of customer proposals, statements of work (SOW), Change Orders and quotes for services
- Supports the drafting and negotiations of contracts and changes.
- Promotes Company image to Customers through impeccable communication, proactive thinking, positive, constructive feedback realistic interpretation, presentation (reporting), and discussion of problems and issues.
- BS or higher in Computer Science or Information System or related fields
- 5+ years of experience as a Project Manager with at least 2 years of enterprise software implementation leadership or support (such as ERP, MES, PLM, APS, etc.)
- PMP certification
- High proficiency in Project Planning tools such as MS Project as well as MS Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to work with and analyze large amounts of data to generate management reports for project performance.
- Ability to perform in a dynamic and fast-paced environment. Must be politically and diplomatically astute.
- Must be able to quickly and effectively convey issues, concerns, and/or status as requested by management and customers.
- Must have impeccable communication and excellent customer relationship management skills. Must be able to work as directed and autonomously.
- Familiarity with Jira (Issue Tracking System), MS SharePoint and MS Project Online is a plus
- Familiarity with Overall Manufacturing and/or Supply Chain Processes
- Exposure to Aerospace and Defense manufacturing environment or other highly engineered complex-discrete products
- Experience with MES Implementations
Physical and Travel Requirements:
- Regularly required to stand or sit, reach, bend and move about
- May require some light physical effort
- Must be flexible to travel to customer sites within the United States and overseas when needed
- Must be able to travel as and when required
iBASEt’s office is in Orange County next to several coffee shops, parks, and restaurants. A multi-mile hiking trail is next door, Laguna Beach is less than ½ hour away, traffic is light, and the weather can’t be beat. We believe that our team members are crucial to our success and pride ourselves in offering robust benefits including medical, dental, 401K with match, wellness programs, and company bashes. Also we understand that life can sometimes get in the way of work so we try to accommodate our team members with a flexible work environment.
iBASEt is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.