JOB TITLE: Manager, Delivery Services
DEPARTMENT: Professional Services
REPORTS TO: VP, Professional Services
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
The Manager of Delivery Services is responsible for ensuring that our services agreements are met, our deployment quality and performance standards are being achieved, our software delivery operations are profitable, and our corporate metrics are achieved. Other responsibilities include monitoring project delivery success, resource utilization, and customer satisfaction. The Manager will function in a customer-facing management capacity to lead and support deployment projects. In addition, this role will work with other departments to ensure optimal collaborative processes are in place and foster a culture of continuous improvement.
In a customer delivery engagement, the manager will be the first escalation point of contact for the customer or account. The Delivery Services Manager will report back to the VP, Professional Services, with regular updates regarding delivery performance and customer concerns.
In addition to interacting directly with a customer, the Manager has leadership responsibility for the Project and Program Managers, instilling a sense of project ownership. The Manager is responsible for communicating the delivery standards, procedures, methodology, and desired deployment objectives to the extended Professional Services team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops and maintains a progressive recruitment, induction, development, and onboarding system to ensure a highly skilled and functioning team
- Employs innovative techniques to advance the deployment process using an Agile mindset continually.
- Plans for optimum resource utilization and coordinates with the Resource Manager for resource needs
- Ensures their team is driving to corporate objectives and metrics
- Plans and conducts personnel performance reviews and professional growth
- Develops, improves, and implements PMO services standards, processes, and procedures
- Leading, growing, and mentoring Project Management professionals
- Identify and develops leaders for the future
- Developing positive relationships with an existing and new customer
- Traveling to customer sites, as required, to meet with the customer and align with their expectations
- Maintain a good balance between customer and team needs
- Align with Account Executives and Client Partners to provide the required support for aggressive growth
- Engage in a management consulting role to help client executives lead and support large change initiatives within their organizations
- 5+ years of experience in project environments implementing enterprise software solutions
- 3+ years of experience in manufacturing operations and/or supporting roles
- 3+ years of experience working with and/or implementing enterprise-class software solutions
- 3+ years of experience in managing a team of professional consultants in a remote environment
- Bachelor’s degree in IT management, Engineering or Manufacturing
- Agile background in Scrum and Kanban
- Certified as a CSM, PSM, or CSP
- Excellent writing, presentation, and communications skills