At iBASEt, we are revolutionizing the factory floor. We provide high-end manufacturers – such as United Technologies (UTC), Lockheed Martin, and General Dynamics – an integrated, paperless, commercial-off-the-shelf (COTS) solution to optimize shop floor execution. Our products build in quality from start to finish by streamlining integrated functions across a product’s lifecycle from engineering to the supplier network, production and aftermarket services. iBASEt is growing and committed to seizing the tremendous opportunities in our market space. We value our collaborative partnerships with our customers and are proud of the numerous industry awards we have received for our innovation.
Job Title: DevOps Engineer
Department: Customer Care/Core Product Development Team
Reports to: Customer Care Manager/Core Product Owner
FLSA Status: Exempt
At iBASEt, DevOps Engineer is responsible for ensuring that environments are running at optimal efficiency and reliability in support of technical support and core product development activities. She/he is the technology evangelist for all tools, frameworks and technologies to help iBASEt’s product development. A wide variety of skills is needed as well as a hunger to resolve and improve performance and reliability issues incorporating all aspects of system design and architecture.
- Familiarity or experience with the following
- Git – GitHub, GitLab
- Comfortable with ansible. Cloud. AWS deployment, cloud watch ELB, S3 etc
- Scripting with bash, PowerShell, python, etc.
- Experience in OO design and programming skills, such as, Java or Python, Ruby or C++ or Node.js
- Knowledge of DevOps methodologies and best practices in an always-up, always-available service
- Understanding of UNIX operating systems – Prefer Linux and Linux Administration, Windows is a plus
- A bachelor’s in computer science or equivalent and 3+ years of solid professional background in the DevOps practices in software development
- Comfortable in stepping out of the comfort zone to suggest, test, implement new technologies and frameworks
- Ability to independently research and suggest solutions for ongoing improvement including new frameworks and infrastructure requirements
- Ability to think big and strategically but prioritize to stay on top of tactical execution with a can-do and sense of urgency attitude.
- A passion for scaling software, ensuring high availability enjoyment of automation and demonstrate a proactive approach to detecting and resolving issues.
- Must be a self-starter and motivated by enabling other engineering teams to deliver services with relentlessly high standards through a combination of best practices and DevOps leadership – expects and encourage the same from team members.
- Strong communication skills – both written and verbal. The ability to articulate ideas to non-technical audience.
- Agile oriented in approach to engineering and operations, including being comfortable with ambiguity in a flat organization.
- Believe in a quick improvement approach: Fail fast, learn fast, improve fast
- Understands the current in-house DevOps and build processes, makes necessary recommendations for improvements, and implements those changes
- Follows companywide DevOps best practices
- Work directly with various development leads and managers to provide environment support and troubleshooting as required
- Other duties as assigned.
iBASEt’s office is in Orange County next to several coffee shops, parks, and restaurants. A multi-mile hiking trail is next door, Laguna Beach is less than ½ hour away, traffic is light, and the weather can’t be beat. We believe that our team members are crucial to our success and pride ourselves in offering robust benefits including medical, dental, 401K with match, wellness programs, and company bashes. Also we understand that life can sometimes get in the way of work so we try to accommodate our team members with a flexible work environment.
iBASEt is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.