At iBASEt, we are revolutionizing the factory floor. We provide high-end manufacturers – such as United Technologies (UTC), Lockheed Martin, and General Dynamics – an integrated, paperless, commercial-off-the-shelf (COTS) solution to optimize shop floor execution. Our products build in quality from start to finish by streamlining integrated functions across a product’s lifecycle from engineering to the supplier network, production and aftermarket services. iBASEt is growing and committed to seizing the tremendous opportunities in our market space. We value our collaborative partnerships with our customers and are proud of the numerous industry awards we have received for our innovation.
JOB TITLE: Cyber Security Engineer
DEPARTMENT: Information Technology
REPORTS TO: Director of IT
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
The Cyber Security Engineer will need to have an analytical mind and a detailed understanding of cybersecurity methodologies. Cyber Security Engineers are expected to have meticulous attention to detail, outstanding problem-solving skills, work comfortably under pressure, and deliver on tight deadlines.
To ensure success, a Cyber Security Engineer must display an excellent understanding of technology infrastructures using Firewalls, VPN, Data Loss Prevention, IDS/IPS, Web-Proxy, and Security Audits. Top candidates will be comfortable working with a variety of technologies, security problems, and troubleshooting of the network.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Planning, implementing, managing, monitoring, and upgrading security measures for the protection of the organization’s data, systems, and networks.
- Manage NIST, CMMC, SOCII, GDPR, and other compliance programs.
- Troubleshooting security and network problems.
- Analyze security systems and seek improvements on a continuous basis
- Responding to all system and/or network security breaches.
- Ensuring that the organization’s data and infrastructure are protected by enabling the appropriate security controls.
- Participating in the change management process.
- Testing and identifying network and system vulnerabilities.
- Daily administrative tasks, reporting, and communication with the relevant departments in the organization
- Report possible threats or software issues
- Research weaknesses and find ways to counter them
- Find cost-effective solutions to cybersecurity problems
- Understand software, hardware, and internet needs while adjusting them according to our business environment
- Develop best practices and security standards for the organization
- Test company software, firmware, and firewalls
- Assist fellow employees with cybersecurity, software, hardware or IT needs
- A degree in Computer Science, IT, Systems Engineering, or related qualification.
- 5 years of work experience with incident detection, and incident response.
- Certifications such as CISSP, GSEC, CEH, or CISM desired
- Experience with Firewalls (functionality and maintenance), Office 365 Security, and Endpoint Security.
- Experience with Security Log Analysis using Log management, SIEM, or Security Tools.
- An understanding of best practices and how to implement them at a business-wide level
- Public Trust security clearance, or a willingness to obtain one
- Critical thinking skills and the ability to solve problems as they arise
- Strong attention to detail with an analytical mind and outstanding problem-solving skills.
- Great awareness of cybersecurity trends and hacking techniques.
- Ability to prioritize projects
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication skills
Physical Requirements / Work Environment:
- Regularly required to stand or sit, reach, bend and move about the facility
- May require some light physical effort
- Usual office working conditions
iBASEt is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.