Lake Forest, Calif., March 12, 2003 – iBASEt, a leading information technology company, has been awarded a $1.2 million contract to implement its Solumina Operations Process Management software in the Lockheed Martin Tactical Systems Clearwater, Fla. production facility.
Solumina will be used to integrate process planning, manufacturing execution and quality assurance into one system. It will upgrade the paperless system currently in use, resulting in greater efficiency and cost savings. The system will be implemented calendar year 2003.
“We selected Solumina because it incorporates manufacturing and repair capabilities as well as integrated quality management in one solution,” said Barry Sharp, Lockheed Martin Tactical Systems project manager.
“We are honored that the world’s leading manufacturer of defense electronics has selected iBASEt to assist them in their continuous improvement efforts,” said Vic Sial, iBASEt president. “We are looking forward to helping Lockheed Martin Tactical Systems achieve and exceed their manufacturing operations performance improvement objectives.”
iBASEt, founded in 1986 as TSI, is a leading provider of high-tech software solutions and services. The company has two divisions: Solumina and Federal Systems Division (FSD). FSD has a distinguished record supporting requirements for NAVAIRESFOR, NAVAIRSYSCOM, SPAWAR, NSWC Carderock, NSWC Indian Head, Air Force, Marines, NASA, CENTCOM and other agencies. iBASEt’s Solumina Division pioneered the first client server image-based work instruction delivery and data capture system in the complex assembly, aerospace and defense markets. iBASEt’s Solumina Enterprise Execution solution is targeted at Manufacturing Planning, Plant Floor Execution and Quality Management and provides a paperless connection between product engineering, ERP and the plant floor. Users report Solumina has significantly improved productivity, throughput, and provided millions of dollars in annual cost savings. Solumina customers include industry leaders like The Boeing Company, General Dynamics, BWX Technologies, TRW and United Technologies.
iBASEt Sales contact: Michel Gadbois, (949) 598-5200 or [email protected].
iBASEt Marketing contact: Conrad Leiva (949) 598-5200 or [email protected].
- iBASEt Launches Manufacturing Intelligence Solution for its Digital Manufacturing Suite - August 10, 2018
- iBASEt Extends the Digital Thread with Release of iBASEt PLM Connector - June 18, 2018
- Benefits of Adopting the Digital Thread - November 10, 2017
- Benefits of Dock to Stock (DTS) Programs for Complex Discrete Manufacturers - February 13, 2017
- Why a Quality Management System Isn’t Enough to Satisfy 21 CFR Part 820 and Part 11 - January 3, 2017
- Why Medical Manufacturers Need Manufacturing Operations Management (MOM) - December 15, 2016
- Does Your MES Support Effective Product Genealogy for Medical Device Manufacturing? - October 6, 2016
- Achieve Cradle-to-Grave Bi-Directional Traceability with Best-of-Breed MOM - July 15, 2016
- A Better Approach to Maintaining Device History Records for FDA Compliance - March 1, 2016
- Solumina Deployed by BAE Systems to Achieve Operational Excellence - February 3, 2016