Foothill Ranch, CA, September 24, 2010 — iBASEt’s SOLUMINA Operations Process Management users welcomed the latest additions to the product at the 2010 Solumina User Conference held September 19-24 in Newport Beach. Recent functionality enhancements have focused on Quality Management, Supplier Management and MRO. However, users also applauded the enhanced ease-of-use features for the shop floor.
This year’s conference theme was “The Real-time Integrated Enterprise.” Solumina’s recent enhancements and expanded functionality have greatly improved integration among Engineering, Quality, Production and MRO functions, not just internally but also into Global Operations and the Supplier Network.
Focused sessions included the following topics: Leveraging 3D Models, Configuration Management with Effectivities, Best practices to Reduce Mistakes at the Shop Floor, Generative Inspection Planning, Managing Suppliers, Managing MRO Disassembly and Reassembly, Defect Containment, 8D with Corrective Actions, and off-line mobile solutions for the shop floor.
“The new second generation Supplier Quality Management functionality in SOLUMINA — like Generative Inspection Planning, Rules-Based Oversight Escalation and the new Supplier Portal — have made it practical to manage suppliers at a much more intimate part-no and process level without adding a lot of resources,” said Conrad Leiva, VP Product Marketing.
“iBASEt’s focus on driving down costs, improving customer ROI and end-user experience is resulting in quicker implementations with fewer customizations. The standard integration interfaces enable customers to quickly bridge enterprise systems and the shopfloor,” commented Vic Sial, iBASEt President.
Industry leaders at the user conference included ATK, Babcock & Wilcox, Boeing, General Dynamics, Gulfstream, Honeywell, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Parker Hannifin, United Space Alliance and United Technologies. The conference attendees found the presentations and time with peers extremely useful.
iBASEt is a leading provider of software solutions to complex, highly regulated industries like Aerospace, Defense, Nuclear, Industrial Equipment, Electronics, Medical Devices, and Shipbuilding. iBASEt’s Solumina software streamlines and integrates Manufacturing Execution System and Operations Management (MES/MOM), Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul (MRO), and Quality Management System (QMS) for operations and supplier management. Solumina is implemented by industry leaders including BAE Systems, General Dynamics, Lockheed Martin, NASA, Northrop Grumman, United Technologies, and United Space Alliance. iBASEt’s Federal division has a distinguished record providing information technology, intelligence analysis and logistics services to government customers including the U.S. Navy, Air Force, Marines, SPAWAR, USAFRICOM, USCENTCOM, USSTRATCOM, USTRANSCOM.
Contact: [email protected]; 877.422.7381
- iBASEt Launches Manufacturing Intelligence Solution for its Digital Manufacturing Suite - August 10, 2018
- iBASEt Extends the Digital Thread with Release of iBASEt PLM Connector - June 18, 2018
- Benefits of Adopting the Digital Thread - November 10, 2017
- Benefits of Dock to Stock (DTS) Programs for Complex Discrete Manufacturers - February 13, 2017
- Why a Quality Management System Isn’t Enough to Satisfy 21 CFR Part 820 and Part 11 - January 3, 2017
- Why Medical Manufacturers Need Manufacturing Operations Management (MOM) - December 15, 2016
- Does Your MES Support Effective Product Genealogy for Medical Device Manufacturing? - October 6, 2016
- Achieve Cradle-to-Grave Bi-Directional Traceability with Best-of-Breed MOM - July 15, 2016
- A Better Approach to Maintaining Device History Records for FDA Compliance - March 1, 2016
- Solumina Deployed by BAE Systems to Achieve Operational Excellence - February 3, 2016