Foothill Ranch, Calif, May 7, 2014 — iBASEt, the leading provider of software solutions for complex manufacturing industries is named to the 2014 Gartner Cool Vendor List in the Product Design and Life Cycle Management category for the manufacturing process management functionality in iBASEt’s Solumina software suite.
Solumina has focused on streamlining change management processes across the extended value chain and the entire product lifecycle for highly complex products that have long cycle times and that must coordinate engineering changes among multiple tiers of suppliers. These change management processes include managing the transitions from engineering BOMs to manufacturing BOMs to process plans, managing product characteristics tied to inspection plans, and managing product configurations for upgrades and modifications performed during MRO.
Per Gartner, “The solution from iBASEt enables Gartner’s vision of manufacturing process management (MPM) for complex manufacturing industries, such as aerospace and defense. Orchestrating data for streamlined processes and efficient data sharing is core to iBASEt’s value proposition.”
Gartner and iBASEt share the vision of closed-loop change management where information flows freely between PLM, ERP, and MES, allowing for continuous feedback into the product lifecycle and promoting an agile environment where design and execution gaps can be troubleshooted and corrected in real-time.
“I’m pleased that Gartner recognizes iBASEt for our dedication to continuous product improvement by integrating engineering and manufacturing functions,” said Vic Sial, President. “We believe full visibility and seamless data flow into the entire product lifecycle is crucial to efficiently operating in complex manufacturing.”
iBASEt is a leading provider of software solutions to complex, highly regulated industries, like Aerospace and Defense, Medical Devices, Nuclear, Industrial Equipment, Electronics and Shipbuilding. iBASEt’s Solumina software streamlines and integrates Manufacturing Execution System and Operations Management (MES/MOM), Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul (MRO) and Enterprise Quality Management System (EQMS) for operations and Supplier Quality Management. Solumina is implemented by industry leaders, including BAE Systems, Airbus Space & Defense, General Dynamics, Lockheed Martin, NASA, Northrop Grumman, Textron and United Technologies.
- iBASEt Launches Manufacturing Intelligence Solution for its Digital Manufacturing Suite - August 10, 2018
- iBASEt Extends the Digital Thread with Release of iBASEt PLM Connector - June 18, 2018
- Benefits of Adopting the Digital Thread - November 10, 2017
- Benefits of Dock to Stock (DTS) Programs for Complex Discrete Manufacturers - February 13, 2017
- Why a Quality Management System Isn’t Enough to Satisfy 21 CFR Part 820 and Part 11 - January 3, 2017
- Why Medical Manufacturers Need Manufacturing Operations Management (MOM) - December 15, 2016
- Does Your MES Support Effective Product Genealogy for Medical Device Manufacturing? - October 6, 2016
- Achieve Cradle-to-Grave Bi-Directional Traceability with Best-of-Breed MOM - July 15, 2016
- A Better Approach to Maintaining Device History Records for FDA Compliance - March 1, 2016
- Solumina Deployed by BAE Systems to Achieve Operational Excellence - February 3, 2016