Foothill Ranch, Calif., February 1, 2012 — iBASEt, the leading provider of operations execution and shop floor software solutions for discrete, complex industries, has been chosen by Microwave Concepts (Micro-Con), a division of Micronetics, Inc., to implement iBASEt’s Solumina Operations Process Management (OPM) software suite. Solumina’s paperless solution will help Micro-Con track and create flexible routings, schedules and work centers, all while maintaining constant visibility and traceability of its products on the shop floor.
Solumina’s integrated quality-management system will enable continuous quality improvements for the Micro-Con facility. In addition to displaying real-time quality metrics, Solumina can automatically route discrepancies for disposition to the appropriate personnel, while placing jobs on hold until new instructions are approved.
In addition, Solumina will provide a seamless interface to Micronetics’ existing ERP system, supporting an integrated enterprise.
“In order to keep up with market demand, we need a tool that can promote repeatable processes, and can help us meet and beat our deadlines,” said Tony Pospishil, Micro-Con’s General Manager. “After many months of searching, we selected Solumina for its ability to create and execute plans, and integrate with our current enterprise systems.”
Solumina’s out-of-the-box solution was chosen after an evaluation of several competing solutions and will go live at the West Caldwell, NJ site early this year.
“We are excited to start this new venture with Micro-Con,” said Michel Gadbois, iBASEt’s Vice-President of Worldwide Sales and Marketing. “Solumina is a fully configured solution, so we plan to go live in just three months with a cost ratio below 1-to-1 for licenses to services.”
iBASEt is a leading provider of software solutions to complex, highly regulated industries, like Aerospace, Defense, Nuclear, Industrial Equipment, Electronics, Medical Devices and Shipbuilding. iBASEt’s Solumina software streamlines and integrates Manufacturing Execution System and Operations Management (MES/MOM), Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul (MRO) and Quality Management System (QMS) for operations and supplier management. Solumina is implemented by industry leaders, including BAE Systems, General Dynamics, Lockheed Martin, NASA, Northrop Grumman, United Technologies and United Space Alliance.
About Microwave Concepts
Micro-Con designs some of the most complex integrated multifunction subassemblies in the industry. Having successfully implemented designs into systems for many of the largest military and commercial RF/microwave systems houses in the country. Micro-Con became part of the Micronetics, Inc. family in 2003, and has continued to experience rapid growth since.
- iBASEt Launches Manufacturing Intelligence Solution for its Digital Manufacturing Suite - August 10, 2018
- iBASEt Extends the Digital Thread with Release of iBASEt PLM Connector - June 18, 2018
- Benefits of Adopting the Digital Thread - November 10, 2017
- Benefits of Dock to Stock (DTS) Programs for Complex Discrete Manufacturers - February 13, 2017
- Why a Quality Management System Isn’t Enough to Satisfy 21 CFR Part 820 and Part 11 - January 3, 2017
- Why Medical Manufacturers Need Manufacturing Operations Management (MOM) - December 15, 2016
- Does Your MES Support Effective Product Genealogy for Medical Device Manufacturing? - October 6, 2016
- Achieve Cradle-to-Grave Bi-Directional Traceability with Best-of-Breed MOM - July 15, 2016
- A Better Approach to Maintaining Device History Records for FDA Compliance - March 1, 2016
- Solumina Deployed by BAE Systems to Achieve Operational Excellence - February 3, 2016