Foothill Ranch, Calif., September 5, 2013 – iBASEt, the developer of the Solumina Product Lifecycle Execution software suite, announced today that Cirrus Aircraft, a recognized leader in general aviation, selected Solumina’s Manufacturing Execution System (MES) software package to be implemented at its Duluth, Minn., facility and Solumina’s Supplier Quality Assurance (SQA) suite to be used by 10 supplier sites.
In addition, Cirrus will be utilizing Solumina’s catalog PTC Windchill integration package, receiving manufacturing bill of materials (mBOMs) and 3D Visualization of CAD models from Windchill. Solumina will also integrate to Cirrus’ current enterprise resource planning (ERP) system to create one seamless, integrated manufacturing enterprise.
“We’re very excited to offer Cirrus our out-of-the-box Windchill integration,” said Michel Gadbois, iBASEt, Vice President of Global Sales and Marketing. “We expect Cirrus to see a return on their investment quickly by allowing concurrent product and manufacturing process definition.”
Cirrus selected Solumina to eliminate many of its disparate systems; improve part and resource traceability and visibility; and improve quality by reducing the probability of errors from data re-entry and data duplication.
“To support Cirrus’ rapid growth, we needed to find a solution that utilized our existing resources, while maintaining our performance and quality goals. That’s where Solumina comes in,” said Chris Mitchell, Cirrus Aircraft, Executive Director, Quality and Airworthiness. “Solumina utilizes built-in industry best practices that will help us streamline our manufacturing process, creating more efficient and compliant operations internally and at our supplier sites.”
About Cirrus Aircraft
Cirrus Aircraft is a recognized leader in general aviation. Its all-composite line of personal aircraft – the SR20, SR22 and the turbocharged SR22T – incorporate innovative and advanced performance, electronic and safety technologies, including Cirrus Perspective™ by Garmin® avionics and the unique Cirrus Airframe Parachute System™ (CAPS). To date, total time on the worldwide Cirrus Aircraft SR-series fleet surpassed five million flight hours with 76 lives saved as a direct result of CAPS being a standard safety feature on all Cirrus aircraft. The Cirrus Vision SF50 jet, with over 500 production positions reserved, will provide a new personal and regional business transportation solution: the personal jet. All Cirrus aircraft are made in the U.S. with a direct sales force in North America and authorized sales centers covering export markets in 60 countries around the world. Cirrus Aircraft is wholly owned by China Aviation Industry General Aircraft Co., Ltd (CAIGA).
- iBASEt Launches Manufacturing Intelligence Solution for its Digital Manufacturing Suite - August 10, 2018
- iBASEt Extends the Digital Thread with Release of iBASEt PLM Connector - June 18, 2018
- Benefits of Adopting the Digital Thread - November 10, 2017
- Benefits of Dock to Stock (DTS) Programs for Complex Discrete Manufacturers - February 13, 2017
- Why a Quality Management System Isn’t Enough to Satisfy 21 CFR Part 820 and Part 11 - January 3, 2017
- Why Medical Manufacturers Need Manufacturing Operations Management (MOM) - December 15, 2016
- Does Your MES Support Effective Product Genealogy for Medical Device Manufacturing? - October 6, 2016
- Achieve Cradle-to-Grave Bi-Directional Traceability with Best-of-Breed MOM - July 15, 2016
- A Better Approach to Maintaining Device History Records for FDA Compliance - March 1, 2016
- Solumina Deployed by BAE Systems to Achieve Operational Excellence - February 3, 2016