iBASEt Releases New Dassault Systèmes Partner Solution Fully Integrating Engineering to Inspection Planning and Manufacturing Operations Management (MOM)
Foothill Ranch, CA March 30, 2009— iBASEt, a leader in enterprise Operations Process Management (OPM) software solutions, announces the release of its new Dassault Systèmes (DS) CAA Partner product, the iBASEt OPM PDI (Process Data Integrator) for DS, providing the first off-the-shelf integration of Engineering and OPM systems in the industry.
iBASEt’s strategy for integrating its Solumina OPM to Engineering tools like DS’s DELMIA and 3DVia Composer suite is unique in its integration at the engineering object level. Most Manufacturing Execution System (MES) solutions in the market are delivering graphical instructions as attachments to work orders with a “paper on glass” approach that mimics the old-fashion paper-based processes. Solumina is integrating the Process Engineering and Inspection Planning processes into a collaborative environment where Design, Manufacturing and Quality Engineers work side by side with authoring, workflow and change control among them. The result is an illustrated online work procedure that steps the mechanic and inspectors at the shop floor through work and inspection procedures prompting for data and signatures where needed.
“Engineering requirements for aerospace and defense companies are constantly changing. Our customers need assurance that the product going out the door matches what Engineering prescribed and approved, especially changes done during manufacturing―it is a regulatory requirement in AS9100,” stated Conrad Leiva, VP Product Marketing. “Our customers used to have many additional overhead procedures and people in place to chase this information around and put it together for the customer. Solumina automates this online and real-time, and assembles the product information package electronically.”
Solumina delivers unique features embedded and layered on top of the graphical work instructions―features that are needed to manage complex processes including:
“We have received much praise from our customers on our unique associative integration approach. Solumina uses all the value provided by the DS tools yet provides full flexibility in adding the required inspections, decisions and calculations to the process plans. We are told we are years ahead of the competition,” remarked Michel Gadbois, VP of Sales and Marketing.
iBASEt is a leading provider of software solutions to complex, highly regulated industries like Aerospace, Defense, Nuclear, Industrial Equipment, Electronics, Medical Devices, and Shipbuilding. iBASEt’s Solumina software streamlines and integrates Manufacturing Execution System and Operations Management (MES/MOM), Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul (MRO), and Quality Management System (QMS) for operations and supplier management. Solumina is implemented by industry leaders including BAE Systems, General Dynamics, Lockheed Martin, NASA, Northrop Grumman, United Technologies, and United Space Alliance. iBASEt’s Federal division has a distinguished record providing information technology, intelligence analysis and logistics services to government customers including the U.S. Navy, Air Force, Marines, SPAWAR, USAFRICOM, USCENTCOM, USSTRATCOM, USTRANSCOM.
Contact: [email protected]; 877.422.7381
- iBASEt Launches Manufacturing Intelligence Solution for its Digital Manufacturing Suite - August 10, 2018
- iBASEt Extends the Digital Thread with Release of iBASEt PLM Connector - June 18, 2018
- Benefits of Adopting the Digital Thread - November 10, 2017
- Benefits of Dock to Stock (DTS) Programs for Complex Discrete Manufacturers - February 13, 2017
- Why a Quality Management System Isn’t Enough to Satisfy 21 CFR Part 820 and Part 11 - January 3, 2017
- Why Medical Manufacturers Need Manufacturing Operations Management (MOM) - December 15, 2016
- Does Your MES Support Effective Product Genealogy for Medical Device Manufacturing? - October 6, 2016
- Achieve Cradle-to-Grave Bi-Directional Traceability with Best-of-Breed MOM - July 15, 2016
- A Better Approach to Maintaining Device History Records for FDA Compliance - March 1, 2016
- Solumina Deployed by BAE Systems to Achieve Operational Excellence - February 3, 2016