Foothill Ranch, Calif., Jan. 24, 2011—iBASEt will present new ways to improve program management results at the NASA Project Management Challenge on Feb. 9-10 at the Convention Center in Long Beach, Calif. iBASEt’s Solumina software suite significantly improves quality and operations management results, which are closely tied to project and resource scheduling.
NASA has used Solumina’s Operations Process Management (OPM) functionality for its shuttle launch operations, advanced manufacturing centers and new product development areas. Solumina modernizes operations business practices, providing real-time visibility of shop floor jobs and constraints tied to project and resource schedules. Potential performance variances are minimized through process planning, fabrication and assembly execution, production control, and advanced quality management processes. OPM is not just about reporting metrics; it is about putting the control mechanisms in place to immediately raise issues and take action.
Some current program management practices have placed an emphasis on tracking project/production schedules, but significant risk lies hidden in the outlying network of suppliers. Solumina’s supplier quality management enables process and quality visibility across the supply chain – in relation to the status of internal operations – greatly reducing scheduling risks.
iBASEt is a leading provider of software solutions to complex, highly regulated industries, like Aerospace, Defense, Nuclear, Industrial Equipment, Electronics, Medical Devices and Shipbuilding. iBASEt’s Solumina software streamlines and integrates Manufacturing Execution System and Operations Management (MES/MOM), Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul (MRO) and Quality Management System (QMS) for operations and supplier management. Solumina is implemented by industry leaders, including BAE Systems, General Dynamics, Lockheed Martin, NASA, Northrop Grumman, United Technologies and United Space Alliance. iBASEt’s Federal division has a distinguished record of providing information technology, intelligence analysis and logistics services to government customers, including the U.S. Navy, Air Force, Marines, SPAWAR, USAFRICOM, USCENTCOM, USSTRATCOM and USTRANSCOM.
Contact: [email protected]; 877.422.7381
- iBASEt Launches Manufacturing Intelligence Solution for its Digital Manufacturing Suite - August 10, 2018
- iBASEt Extends the Digital Thread with Release of iBASEt PLM Connector - June 18, 2018
- Benefits of Adopting the Digital Thread - November 10, 2017
- Benefits of Dock to Stock (DTS) Programs for Complex Discrete Manufacturers - February 13, 2017
- Why a Quality Management System Isn’t Enough to Satisfy 21 CFR Part 820 and Part 11 - January 3, 2017
- Why Medical Manufacturers Need Manufacturing Operations Management (MOM) - December 15, 2016
- Does Your MES Support Effective Product Genealogy for Medical Device Manufacturing? - October 6, 2016
- Achieve Cradle-to-Grave Bi-Directional Traceability with Best-of-Breed MOM - July 15, 2016
- A Better Approach to Maintaining Device History Records for FDA Compliance - March 1, 2016
- Solumina Deployed by BAE Systems to Achieve Operational Excellence - February 3, 2016