Foothill Ranch, Calif., March 27, 2012 — iBASEt, the leading provider of operations execution and shop floor software solutions for discrete, complex industries, has been selected by global aerospace firm NORDAM to implement its Solumina Operations Process Management (OPM) software suite.
The software solution helps NORDAM eliminate its need for most paper-based processes and provides constant visibility and traceability of its products on the shop floor, reducing paperwork and streamlining visual work instructions.
This project delivers quick access to up-to-date engineering documents and supplies and stores production data, statuses and metrics in real time, ensuring NORDAM operators use the latest versions of all documents and work instructions.
The software provides a seamless interface to NORDAM’s existing SAP systems, supporting an integrated enterprise.
“Our main objectives were to simplify manufacturing’s transactional activities, reduce our systems support, and provide our stakeholders with easy to use visual work instructions,” Vice President and General Manager of NORDAM’s Nacelle and Thrust Reverser division John Clawson said. “Solumina will help us accomplish these goals, improving the delivery of products and services to our customers.”
Solumina also helps NORDAM readily capture its customers’ regulatory data, providing a full audit trail from design to execution and inspection, allowing the company to meet the strictest process management and integrity requirements.
“Solumina’s extensive tracking and recording capabilities reduce companies’ risk and the cost of regulatory compliance,” Michel Gadbois, iBASEt’s Vice President, said. “This is just one of the features that establish Solumina as a best-in-class MES/MOM solution. We look forward to a long and productive relationship with NORDAM.”
iBASEt is a leading provider of software solutions to complex, highly regulated industries, like Aerospace, Defense, Nuclear, Industrial Equipment, Electronics, Medical Devices and Shipbuilding. iBASEt’s Solumina software streamlines and integrates Manufacturing Execution System and Operations Management (MES/MOM), Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul (MRO) and Quality Management System (QMS) for operations and supplier management. Solumina is implemented by industry leaders, including BAE Systems, General Dynamics, Lockheed Martin, NASA, Northrop Grumman, United Technologies and United Space Alliance.
Headquartered in Tulsa, and employing 2,500 people across nine facilities on three continents, NORDAM is one of the world’s largest independently owned aerospace companies.
The firm designs, certifies and manufactures integrated propulsion systems, nacelles and thrust reversers for business jets; builds composite aircraft structures, interior shells, custom cabinetry and radomes; and manufactures aircraft transparencies, such as cabin windows, wing-tip lenses and simulator screens.
NORDAM also is a major third-party provider of maintenance, repair and overhaul services to the military, commercial airline and air freight markets.
- iBASEt Launches Manufacturing Intelligence Solution for its Digital Manufacturing Suite - August 10, 2018
- iBASEt Extends the Digital Thread with Release of iBASEt PLM Connector - June 18, 2018
- Benefits of Adopting the Digital Thread - November 10, 2017
- Benefits of Dock to Stock (DTS) Programs for Complex Discrete Manufacturers - February 13, 2017
- Why a Quality Management System Isn’t Enough to Satisfy 21 CFR Part 820 and Part 11 - January 3, 2017
- Why Medical Manufacturers Need Manufacturing Operations Management (MOM) - December 15, 2016
- Does Your MES Support Effective Product Genealogy for Medical Device Manufacturing? - October 6, 2016
- Achieve Cradle-to-Grave Bi-Directional Traceability with Best-of-Breed MOM - July 15, 2016
- A Better Approach to Maintaining Device History Records for FDA Compliance - March 1, 2016
- Solumina Deployed by BAE Systems to Achieve Operational Excellence - February 3, 2016