|Foothill Ranch, Calif. and Toulouse, France, January 10, 2012 — iBASEt, the leading global provider of Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES) for complex, discrete industries, was selected by Astrium, a subsidiary of EADS and the number one company in Europe for space technologies, for its Integrated Production System (IPS) project. Solumina will contribute to the harmonization of both business and technical processes across Astrium’s manufacturing sites located in France, U.K. and Germany.
The main goals for the IPS project include the seamless integration of Solumina within the current and future information technology architecture at Astrium; the facilitation of data exchange between all entities and all levels of the organization; the capture of complete transactional history and technical data for full product traceability; the ability to provide real-time analysis and feedback; and the enhancement of product quality, cost and delivery to accomplish a reasonable ROI on the IPS project.
“The IPS project will help accomplish our goal of a paperless, virtual factory,” stated Dominique Boueilh, the Project Manager for Astrium. “IPS will improve global collaboration between our manufacturing sites and facilitate the standardization of processes across the enterprise. Additionally, Astrium’s lean continuous improvement philosophy is fully supported by Solumina.”
Astrium selected Solumina after an evaluation of a number of competing products over a two year period.
“We are extremely pleased to have an Enterprise Agreement with EADS. This selection establishes iBASEt’s leadership position in the global MES marketplace,” said Vic Sial, President of iBASEt. “We are looking forward to expanding our operations in Europe and also working with other EADS companies.”
- iBASEt Launches Manufacturing Intelligence Solution for its Digital Manufacturing Suite - August 10, 2018
- iBASEt Extends the Digital Thread with Release of iBASEt PLM Connector - June 18, 2018
- Benefits of Adopting the Digital Thread - November 10, 2017
- Benefits of Dock to Stock (DTS) Programs for Complex Discrete Manufacturers - February 13, 2017
- Why a Quality Management System Isn’t Enough to Satisfy 21 CFR Part 820 and Part 11 - January 3, 2017
- Why Medical Manufacturers Need Manufacturing Operations Management (MOM) - December 15, 2016
- Does Your MES Support Effective Product Genealogy for Medical Device Manufacturing? - October 6, 2016
- Achieve Cradle-to-Grave Bi-Directional Traceability with Best-of-Breed MOM - July 15, 2016
- A Better Approach to Maintaining Device History Records for FDA Compliance - March 1, 2016
- Solumina Deployed by BAE Systems to Achieve Operational Excellence - February 3, 2016