Foothill Ranch, Calif., July 20, 2011 — iBASEt, the leading provider of Enterprise Quality and Shop Floor software solutions for complex, discrete industries, has been selected by Solar Turbines, the leading global manufacturer of industrial gas turbines, to implement iBASEt’s Solumina Quality Management System (QMS) into multiple facilities worldwide. Solumina’s out-of-the-box solution will manage product and process quality through the product lifecycle into the extended enterprise.
Along with the QMS integration, Solar Turbines will take advantage of Solumina’s Supplier Quality Assurance (SQA) functionality, creating an integrated ISO 9000 environment to manage non-conformances and process deviations throughout the business. Solar Turbines will also benefit from iBASEt’s catalog interface for PTC Windchill/Creo. This PTC interface will include engineering change processing all the way through as-designed to as-built reconciliation.
Solar Turbines selected Solumina’s QMS after evaluating several competing Manufacturing Execution System (MES) and Quality Assurance (QA) software vendors.
“We are extremely pleased to be selected by Solar Turbines,” said Michel Gadbois, iBASEt’s Vice-President of Worldwide Sales and Marketing. “This selection spotlights Solumina’s Enterprise QMS product and establishes the value of a fully integrated QMS and MES supply chain solution. We look forward to a long and productive relationship with Solar Turbines.”
- iBASEt Launches Manufacturing Intelligence Solution for its Digital Manufacturing Suite - August 10, 2018
- iBASEt Extends the Digital Thread with Release of iBASEt PLM Connector - June 18, 2018
- Benefits of Adopting the Digital Thread - November 10, 2017
- Benefits of Dock to Stock (DTS) Programs for Complex Discrete Manufacturers - February 13, 2017
- Why a Quality Management System Isn’t Enough to Satisfy 21 CFR Part 820 and Part 11 - January 3, 2017
- Why Medical Manufacturers Need Manufacturing Operations Management (MOM) - December 15, 2016
- Does Your MES Support Effective Product Genealogy for Medical Device Manufacturing? - October 6, 2016
- Achieve Cradle-to-Grave Bi-Directional Traceability with Best-of-Breed MOM - July 15, 2016
- A Better Approach to Maintaining Device History Records for FDA Compliance - March 1, 2016
- Solumina Deployed by BAE Systems to Achieve Operational Excellence - February 3, 2016