Foothill Ranch, Calif., Mar. 10, 2011—iBASEt, the leading MES supplier for the aerospace and defense industry, will demonstrate the integration between its software suite Solumina and the leading CAD/PLM systems at the AeroDef Exposition and Conference on April 5-7 at the Convention Center in Anaheim, Calif. Specifically, iBASEt will exhibit Solumina’s paperless shop floor operations and quality management system with integration to PTC Creo/Windchill and Dassault Systemes CATIA/ENOVIA/DELMIA/3DVIA.
“Now, manufacturers are clamoring to unite MES and PLM,” writes Stephanie Neil, Managing Automation’s senior editor, in the article: “Enterprise Integration Includes PLM and MES.”
The conventional wisdom over the past few years stressed that integrating MES with ERP could dramatically change business for the better. But many observers feel an alignment with engineering and manufacturing is more important to the organization, she added.
Tight information flow between engineering’s CAD/PLM systems and manufacturing’s MES systems can reduce the time it takes to introduce new products, decrease manufacturing mistakes related to design interpretation, and manage engineering changes more efficiently.
“Solumina fully leverages investments made in 3D CAD systems and streamlines the flow of information between engineering and manufacturing, not just for regulatory compliance, but, to improve efficiency and accelerate product innovation,” Conrad Leiva, VP Product Marketing at iBASEt, said. “We have been providing these integrated solutions through partnerships with leading engineering software vendors.”
- iBASEt Launches Manufacturing Intelligence Solution for its Digital Manufacturing Suite - August 10, 2018
- iBASEt Extends the Digital Thread with Release of iBASEt PLM Connector - June 18, 2018
- Benefits of Adopting the Digital Thread - November 10, 2017
- Benefits of Dock to Stock (DTS) Programs for Complex Discrete Manufacturers - February 13, 2017
- Why a Quality Management System Isn’t Enough to Satisfy 21 CFR Part 820 and Part 11 - January 3, 2017
- Why Medical Manufacturers Need Manufacturing Operations Management (MOM) - December 15, 2016
- Does Your MES Support Effective Product Genealogy for Medical Device Manufacturing? - October 6, 2016
- Achieve Cradle-to-Grave Bi-Directional Traceability with Best-of-Breed MOM - July 15, 2016
- A Better Approach to Maintaining Device History Records for FDA Compliance - March 1, 2016
- Solumina Deployed by BAE Systems to Achieve Operational Excellence - February 3, 2016