Enterprise Manufacturing Intelligence (EMI) is a concept applied to software used to bring a corporation’s manufacturing-related data together. EMI helps to join information from many sources for the purposes of reporting, analysis, visual summaries, and passing data between enterprise-level and plant-floor systems. As data is combined from multiple sources, it can be given a new structure or context that will help users find what they need, regardless of where it came from. The primary goal is to turn large amounts of manufacturing data into real knowledge and drive business results based on that information.
The Enterprise Manufacturing Intelligence Market
The growth of the Enterprise Manufacturing Intelligence (EMI) market is driven by a manufacturing sector engulfed in tough competition, rising supplier complexity and stringent regulatory frameworks. The growing need for enhanced operational efficiency and productivity drives demand for integrated solutions on a unified platform with the ability to handle big data analytics.
A slew of forecasts have been recently published for the EMI market. Here is what some major analysts are saying.
Technavio published a new report on the global enterprise manufacturing intelligence market from 2017 to 2021. Says the report:
“The EMI market is primarily influenced by its end-users, which include discrete industries and process industries. The growth or decline of these segments directly impacts the EMI market. The shift toward lean manufacturing practices, increased complexity in the supply chain process, the need to enhance operational efficiency, and the intense competition among manufacturing companies are the crucial factors responsible for the growth of the global EMI market.”
Among the findings of Technavio’s report:
- Key drivers for the EMI market include the need for enhanced decision-making systems to ensure the accuracy of data, and to reduce performance variability across internal functions in organizations
- The market is expected to have a CAGR of more than 10 percent for the forecast period.
Markets and Markets
Markets and Markets published a global forecast to 2022 for the EMI market. Among the key findings:
“EMI is witnessing a rapid adoption rate across various industries such as oil and gas, automotive, medical devices, [and] chemicals [that] is expected to support the market growth in North America. Further, the presence of leading market players in this region and increasing government’s investments is anticipated to fuel the North American market.”
The global forecast from Markets and Markets suggests:
- The Enterprise Manufacturing Intelligence market is estimated to be valued at USD 1.53 billion in 2016 and is expected to register a CAGR of 17.1 percent, to reach USD 3.95 billion by 2022.
- Embedded deployment is expected to hold the largest share of EMI during the forecast period.
- North America is expected to dominate the market during the forecast period; the automotive sector will hold the largest share and grow at the highest rate over the period.
Infoholic Research published a study of Global EMI and MES from 2015 to 2020. The report finds:
“Both MES and EMI solutions are widely used and have become an industry norm and a key differentiator across most industries. Now vendors are trying to offer both these solutions on the cloud.”
The EMI and MES study found:
- The EMI market will grow at a CAGR of 16.4 percent during the forecast period 2015 to 2020. The MES market is forecasted to grow at a CAGR of 15.6 percent during that period.
- Growth in the Enterprise Manufacturing Intelligence market is being driven by: the need for greater visibility in the manufacturing cycle; the desire to standardize manufacturing processes across the enterprise; and increasing regulatory demands.
Infiniti Research published a study of the global EMI market from 2016 to 2020. Among its findings, the study concluded:
“The integration of big data analytics with the EMI software helps an enterprise to identify, analyze, and mitigate various issues and faults in the manufacturing unit. It boosts productivity in real time and enables effective and efficient data sharing between business units within an enterprise or a production plant to facilitate product development or service management.”
Infiniti’s EMI study states:
- The global EMI market is expected to grow steadily at a CAGR of around 11 percent during the forecast period.
- The Americas dominated the global market during 2015, accounting for a market share of around 42 percent. The early adoption of cloud-based EMI software that eliminates the need for high initial investment has been driving the growth of the market in this region. However, analysts predict this region will witness a decline in market share during the forecast period due to market saturation.
iBASEt has recently introduced a new Manufacturing Intelligence for Solumina. With this, all data collected in Solumina can be easily organized and synthesized into reports and dashboards. With the increasing trend of EMI, it is evident that businesses are realizing how important it is to process big data into actual knowledge which leads to better business decisions.
View more information on our Manufacturing Intelligence, here.
Director of Business Development at iBASEt