A report published by LNS Research earlier this year surprisingly indicates that some manufacturers do.
Manufacturing Execution System, MOM, and EQMS Impact
The successful implementation of an enterprise manufacturing system, like a Manufacturing Execution System (MES), Manufacturing Operations Management (MOM) or Enterprise Quality Management System (EQMS) can hugely impact the performance of a manufacturer.
Software Before Integrator
Most companies selected the software before selecting the system integrator. Around half of the surveyed companies, involved the system integrator in the MES selection decision. This seems counter intuitive because most system integrators are biased by their experience with a few manufacturing solutions.
The survey confirmed that industry experience and proven references are big factors in the decision for the selected software and system integrator.
How To Start Your MES Search
Organizations looking to invest in a manufacturing system should perform: (a) a Request for Information (RFI) as part of the selection process requesting vendors to respond to a comprehensive set of requirements, and (b) a few reference checks with industry analysts and similar companies. If required, iBASEt can provide assistance with an MES RFI template with requirements specific to complex discrete manufacturing. For more information on the Manufacturing Execution System RFI template, email [email protected]
- The Payoff of MES Continues to Fuel New Initiatives - September 21, 2017
- How to Improve Shipyard Operations - September 19, 2017
- MOM Helps Bridge the Skills Gap in American Manufacturing - August 17, 2017
- Paving the Path to the Model-Based Enterprise with Manufacturing Process Management - July 18, 2017
- What is the Digital Thread? - December 23, 2016
- 11 Ways to Reduce Cost of Quality with Integrated MES and EQMS - November 28, 2016
- What is Complex Discrete Manufacturing? - March 3, 2016
- For Smart Manufacturing – Integration Standards are a Must - June 20, 2015
- Curing 3 Legacy Production Ailments with Manufacturing Operations Management (MOM) - June 1, 2015
- Are Your Manufacturing Operations Ready for Transparency? - April 30, 2015