Solumina may work out of the box, but you can’t put it in a box to define it easily. Solumina offers Manufacturing Execution System (MES) capabilities, but is not your traditional MES. Solumina is – what we like to call – a Product Lifecycle Execution (PLE) system. It streamlines and integrates functions across the product lifecycle from engineering (PLM) to the supplier network (SQA), production (MES, MOM), aftermarket services (MRO) and business systems (ERP). Say “good bye” to the wall on the shop floor – where systems can’t talk to each other and have zero visibility. With Solumina, all systems are on the same page, including the engineering and production departments, and are seamlessly integrated to promote a collaborative production environment.
In addition to offering complete visibility to the entire product lifecycle, Solumina supports paperless manufacturing that’s not just “paper on glass” or turning actual pieces of paper into an electronic paper form. Instead, it incorporates business changes and practices that allow your process engineers to leverage reusable aspects of work instructions and deliver that information to the shop floor. This reduces the workload on your process engineers and offers them usability and revision control tools.
Additionally, Solumina leans out your shop floor practices and mistake proofs your shop floor to achieve a totally new manufacturing environment.
- Shop Floor Paperwork is a Drag - July 23, 2013
- Do You Know What’s Happening on your Shop Floor? - July 15, 2013
- Supply Chain ROI - July 10, 2013
- Solumina isn’t your typical Manufacturing Execution System - June 20, 2013
- Webinar: Do we need to integrate PLM and Execution Systems? Isn’t ERP Enough? - June 13, 2013
- Looking to Increase Your Shop Floor Efficiency? - June 5, 2013
- Four Features that Set Solumina Apart - May 24, 2013
- How iBASEt Got Its Start - May 15, 2013
- Paper Kills: Eliminate Paper Constraints - April 30, 2013
- Look to your Supply Chain for Cost Savings - April 25, 2013