- Training new technicians on MES takes longer than two hours.
The delivery of your Manufacturing Execution System (MES) to the shop floor is connected to your bottom line. With today’s mix of highly skilled, yet diverse employees on the typical manufacturing shop floor, the method upon how information is captured greatly influences your most important metrics. Many solutions in industry offer a range of functionality to support metric capture, however, none of them take into account the number one driver for cycle time reduction: how your shop floor operators and inspectors interact with the provided software solution.
Think about it, most new technicians are trained today by either their supervisor or another technician. If your MES delivery of information isn’t simple, concise and completely easy to use, even for today’s “video-gamer generation,” you are directly affecting your bottom line. Having to learn a complicated, multi-screen, scenario-based system will not only increase the time from when the employee will be effective, but will also reduce the critical-labor time the trainer is charging to your direct-labor accounts.
Additionally, if the technician cannot learn the system quickly, the less likely you are to gain valid, consistent data capture, which again, will directly affect your weekly management reports. Let the two hour window be your guideline. Can you go to your shop floor and learn how to use the MES system to do your job successfully in two hours? If not, consider a new solution.
- iBASEt Launches Manufacturing Intelligence Solution for its Digital Manufacturing Suite - August 10, 2018
- iBASEt Extends the Digital Thread with Release of iBASEt PLM Connector - June 18, 2018
- Benefits of Adopting the Digital Thread - November 10, 2017
- Benefits of Dock to Stock (DTS) Programs for Complex Discrete Manufacturers - February 13, 2017
- Why a Quality Management System Isn’t Enough to Satisfy 21 CFR Part 820 and Part 11 - January 3, 2017
- Why Medical Manufacturers Need Manufacturing Operations Management (MOM) - December 15, 2016
- Does Your MES Support Effective Product Genealogy for Medical Device Manufacturing? - October 6, 2016
- Achieve Cradle-to-Grave Bi-Directional Traceability with Best-of-Breed MOM - July 15, 2016
- A Better Approach to Maintaining Device History Records - March 1, 2016
- Solumina Deployed by BAE Systems to Achieve Operational Excellence - February 3, 2016