The variety of topics that comprise the most popular iBASEt blog posts for 2014 reflect the fascinating nature of aerospace, defense and complex manufacturing today. Our ten most popular posts also reflect how important all facets of manufacturing execution systems (MES), supplier quality management, and manufacturing operations management (MOM) solutions are to complex manufacturers.
The top ten most popular iBASEt blog posts for 2014 are:
- The Top 100 Aerospace Companies Of 2014 – Based on a recent study by PriceWaterhouseCoopers (PwC), this blog post provides insights into leading aerospace companies and their financial performance in 2014. Boeing, Airbus, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Raytheon, Finmeccanica, United Technologies (UTC), GE, Safran and Rolls-Royce are the top ten aerospace companies worldwide based on this PWC analysis. Please see the blog post for the links to the report and how you can get access to the full data set.
- Gartner’s Top 10 Strategic Technology Trends For 2015 – Based on the top ten strategic technology trends Gartner presented at their annual Gartner Symposium/ITxpo 2014 held in Orlando during October, 2014, this post provides a summary and brief analysis of how analytics will reshape the enterprise in 2015. It also provides an overview of how 3D printing is forecast to reach a tipping point in the next three years, delivering significant benefits to manufacturing.
- Seven Strategies For Improving Supplier Quality Management – For complex manufacturers, their definition of quality is predicated on how well they stay aligned with the demanding, diverse and unique requirements of their customers while staying in compliance with regulatory requirements. The intent of this blog post is to provide seven key ideas for making supplier quality management a competitive advantage in complex manufacturing.
- Roundup of Manufacturing Execution Systems Forecasts And Market Estimates, 2014 – Provides a summary of the latest Manufacturing Execution System (MES) forecasts and market estimates from International Data Corporation (IDC), Technavio, Frost & Sullivan and others.
- Five Factors Driving A&D Manufacturers To Excel At Total Cost of Quality – Provides an overview of the five most important factors for A&D manufacturers to take into account when calculating the costs of good and bad product quality. Total Cost of Quality (CoQ) is one of the most important quality metrics to A&D manufacturers as it provides insight into how well orchestrated supplier networks, quality management, manufacturing and service are.
- Framing the Discussion on the Intersection of Manufacturing and Quality Management Systems – In-depth analysis of Standards for Quality Management Systems (QMS), including ISO9001, AS9100 and ISO13485, with specific focus on how they have been evolving over the last three decades in parallel to standards and models for manufacturing systems including ISA95’s Manufacturing Operations Management (MOM) model and MESA’s Manufacturing Execution System (MES) models. This blog post illustrates how the MOM evolution has focused on better scheduling, production, automation, and efficiency, while QMS evolution has focused on repeatability, traceability, documentation, auditability, and corrective action. This post includes a table that summarizes the cross reference between the PDCA cycle, the clauses of the IS09001/AS9100 standard, and the functionality found in either MOM or EQMS (Enterprise Quality Management System) software to support the requirements.
- Key Take-Aways From Deloitte’s 2014 Global Aerospace And Defense Industry Outlook – Based on an analysis of Deloitte’s 2014 Global Aerospace and Defense Industry Outlook, this blog post provides a summary of key take-aways gleaned from the research. Among the key take-aways include the finding that more fuel-efficient jet designs can deliver a 15% better fuel burn rate, which translates into millions of dollars in operating cost reductions. Deloitte’s research is excellent and worth reading.
- Does Commercial Software Fit Your Manufacturing Operations Management Style? – Provides insightful analysis of IYNO Advisors group’s 2014 survey of Project Manufacturing Issues and Trends. The survey compiled answers from over 250 companies serving both commercial and defense sectors and provides insights into how integrated information systems are critical to obtaining a better level of coordination and visibility among internal departments and achieving improved business results.
- Key Takeaways from Accenture’s 2014 Product Lifecycle Management Survey In Aerospace And Defense – Analysis of Accenture’s latest study of Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) adoption in aerospace and defense published in June, 2014 shows how a strategic mindset about PLM is critical for getting long-term results. The key take-aways of the study also show the rapid adoption of analytics and business intelligence, which are the cornerstones of manufacturing intelligence, in the enterprise.
- Strategies for Improving Quality Management in Manufacturing – Part I – The bottom line is that manufacturers who choose to incrementally add quality to their operations invite mediocrity, while those that choose to ingrain quality management at an enterprise level, deep into the DNA of their business models profitably excel. Learn more about the strategies manufacturers are using for improving quality management from this post.
- iBASEt Launches Manufacturing Intelligence Solution for its Digital Manufacturing Suite - August 10, 2018
- iBASEt Extends the Digital Thread with Release of iBASEt PLM Connector - June 18, 2018
- Benefits of Adopting the Digital Thread - November 10, 2017
- Benefits of Dock to Stock (DTS) Programs for Complex Discrete Manufacturers - February 13, 2017
- Why a Quality Management System Isn’t Enough to Satisfy 21 CFR Part 820 and Part 11 - January 3, 2017
- Why Medical Manufacturers Need Manufacturing Operations Management (MOM) - December 15, 2016
- Does Your MES Support Effective Product Genealogy for Medical Device Manufacturing? - October 6, 2016
- Achieve Cradle-to-Grave Bi-Directional Traceability with Best-of-Breed MOM - July 15, 2016
- A Better Approach to Maintaining Device History Records - March 1, 2016
- Solumina Deployed by BAE Systems to Achieve Operational Excellence - February 3, 2016