Gartner recently recognized iBASEt in its “Market Guide for Manufacturing Execution System Software.” iBASEt was listed in the pure-play class of vendors who derive all of their revenue from sales of MES software and design their products to provide specialized sets of rich features that are not tackled by the more generalist enterprise software vendors in the MES market. Below we’ve identified two key takeaways from the Gartner report to keep in mind during your next MES purchasing decision.
iBASEt’s MES Software Specializes in Complex Manufacturing
Gartner’s Market Guide describes iBASEt as a specialist in the complex discrete industrial manufacturing space of aerospace and defense (A&D) manufacturing and maintenance repair and overhaul (MRO). According to the report, “iBASEt’s solution enables product life cycle execution, starting with supply chain quality management, and then MES and MRO. Using paperless work instructions and process planning, Solumina [by iBASEt] includes job dispatch, process control, resource management and detailed genealogy tracking.”
MES is not a one-size-fits-all solution, which means businesses must find vendors who specialize within their type of manufacturing environment.
Complex discrete manufacturers, particularly in the Aerospace and Defense industry, are facing multiple challenging factors, including tough competition and complex supply chains. By using Solumina from iBASEt many of these manufacturers are creating a digital thread connecting engineering, business and suppliers to manufacturing and quality management processes. This is key functionality enabling new LEAN collaborative practices for our users. Our identification by Gartner is a confirmation of our mission to provide a streamlined comprehensive MES solution for complex manufacturing.
— Michel Gadbois, VP Sales, iBASEt
MES is a Solution for The Whole Enterprise
The Market Guide noted companies now consider MES software a solution for the whole enterprise, rather than simply a siloed solution. Enterprises are looking for comprehensive MES solutions that can benefit the whole business –tending to partner with providers that understand their business and will support their long-term needs.
In order to avoid the expense of customization, businesses in search of the right MES software must consider how an MES will satisfy current needs while still being aligned with future goals. As the Gartner report pointed out, not all MES vendors are suitable for every industry. For more information on how to know which MES vendor is right for your business goals, download our white paper: Don’t be Fooled by the Wrong MES.
- Virgin Orbit Honored in the 2018 Manufacturing Leadership Awards - June 14, 2018
- iBASEt Appoints Philippe Boissat as Managing Director, EMEA - May 1, 2018
- Virgin Orbit Takes Off With MES - March 12, 2018
- iBASEt to Exhibit and Present at AeroDef Manufacturing 2018 - March 8, 2018
- iBASEt Listed as a Notable Vendor in Gartner’s “Aerospace & Defense Context: ‘Magic Quadrant for Manufacturing Execution Systems'” - January 26, 2018
- Civil Nuclear Energy: Challenges and Opportunities - January 4, 2018
- iBASEt Appoints Industry Veteran to Lead Global Sales Strategy - December 6, 2017
- iBASEt CEO Honored as a Bronze Winner in Stevie Awards for Women in Business - November 30, 2017
- Software Advice Names iBASEt a Master in the FrontRunners Quadrant for Manufacturing Software - November 22, 2017
- State of the Digital Thread 2017 - November 2, 2017